Chapter 42 - Hiccup

Start from the beginning

More shouts and roars from burly Viking men can be heard all around.

"The process?", Astrid asks helping me to my feet as we back away.

"Toothless has to come out to protect his domain. Then, once he sees you, he can't resist protecting you. Then you'll be forced to make Toothless call all the dragons back. You just brought yourself into the equation!", Heather states her plan.

Just then the gang runs in behind the two insane leaders and catches them off guard.

"RAAAAAAAHHHHHHH", Tuffnut swings macey around and it strikes Magnus' leg, causing him to cry out in pain.

Ruffnut pushes Heather and she goes flying against the banister of the ship.

The gang is all in the group formation as we fight off other Rebellion and Fractious tribe members that try to stop us from narrowing in on their leaders.

Out of the corner of my eye I see catapults aimed at the great waterfall. The dead of night was soon to be upon us and I can't even see where the edge begins.

Fireballs were then launched into the abyss that was coated in fog.

The light from the flames disappears as they fall into the entrance to the Hidden World.

"No!", I shout.

"Agh!", I am thrown to the ground.

"This is what you deserve Haddock, after all you put me through!", Heather goes to kick me and I roll out of the way. I jump up and slam my dragon blade against her axe.

"Why does all of this have to be about you?! Have you even considered the probability of anything that has happened the last several years been good for everyone else? Look around you! All these Viking's lives are at stake because of you! I'm sorry you couldn't find a life without the dragons. I'm sorry we didn't pay enough attention to you years ago. I'm sorry you were hurt by our moving on. But we can help you see what a gift all of this is!", I beg her again as our weapons swing left and right.

The rage in her eyes was slightly tainted as I glared into them with compassion. Even though I know that the Heather I once knew as a sister was long gone. It's my duty to keep the peace, and I will never stop at trying to convince others it's possible.

She stops for a split second.

"COME ON HATEFUL! STRIKE", Magnus pushes her and the vengeance returns in her gaze.

There's hope. I knew it.

I block a swing from the giant human being and I kick him back some, to only be caught up in a tussle with Eret and Snotlout. Heather retreats and runs to another one of her ships.

"GANG! Get to those ships down in front and stop those catapults!", I shout and they do as told.

We all run and gather other Hooligan Tribe members and start to disarm the men manning them.

"INCOMING!!!", Snotlout screams and I look up. Through the hazy sky I see a faint ball of fire falling towards the Rebellion ship I was aboard.

I run and leap into the water just as it strikes the ship.

"Yeah baby!!!", throw my arms in the air in victory.

"Hiccup! Up here!", Astrid leans down and gives me her arm from a Berkian ship.

I am lifted up and I look towards the direction the fireball came from.

Emerging from the fog, about a dozen Berserker ships come trudging in.

"Dagur! Mala!", I shout in relief.

"We're here for you brother!", he calls and he and his Queen for a bride jump over to join us.

"My queen! Thank goodness you all have arrived!", Throk comes over and he bows before her. Mala nods to thank him.

"Thank the gods you guys finally got the message. They're trying to launch shots into the entrance", Astrid says.

"What?! I can't see it, where is it?!", Mala says trying to look.

Suddenly.

Just when I thought I'd never hear that sound again.

The shrill, quickly building sound that I knew all too well from the alpha, king of dragons rings in my ears.

Not only striking fear into all of us, but striking my emotion and my heart.

The sound of Toothless' plasma blast radiates all throughout the fog around us.

I don't believe my eyes as the purple, electrifying shot takes out a Fractious ship.

I look over to where Heather is standing a few ships away.

The shock in her eyes is uncanny as Magnus' face grows redder with anger.

I hear 3 more shots and more ships burst into flames.

Not once seeing the dragon that shot them. The fog creates a wonderful drape for his scales and skin that were dark as the night above us.

I see Magnus turn to Heather with uncontrollable rage as he slaps her across the face.

No.

She clearly underestimated what she was coming up against.

We tried to warn her. We tried to get her to change her mind.

"HEATHER!", I hear my wife run towards the giant, disgusting Viking that was screaming into Heather's face following punches.

"Astrid wait!", I run after her.

Astrid bears her axe and lunges at Magnus, but he whips around and knocks her backwards.

His attention is on her as he twirls the mace.

"YOU BETTER NOT LAY A HAND ON HER!", I am in a full sprint to my brides aide. I will end him if he touches Astrid.

I am ready to swing my dragon blade at the man, but Heather jumps and wraps her arms around his throat, causing him to stumble backwards away from Astrid.

I help up my warrior for a wife, but she looks over at Heather in complete and utter shock.

As do I.

Until They Can Return in Peace - How to Train Your DragonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara