Chapter 46 - Hiccup

*A/N*

7k reads!! Ahh! You guys are amazing! We're almost there y'all... it breaks my heart a little...

Would anyone be interested in... a sequel?!

Let me know in the comments!

- k.r.

——————————————

"THEN WITH ONE HAND I HELD THE DRAGON EYE, AND WITH THE OTHER, I WAS HOLDING VIGGO'S THROAT!", Snotlout says with such a volume it hurts my ears.

"That's not true! Don't tell them that!", Fishlegs scolds him.

The funny thing is, is that Snotlout has no idea I'm standing in the back of the class.

"The Chief was the one that threw it in to the lava... and Viggo jumped over the cliff running after it...", Fishlegs raises his finger in a 'matter-of-fact' position.

"Ah whatever! It's not like it killed him or anything...", he snaps.

"Shut up Snotlout!", the kids all stay in unison.

He grumbles to himself and walks down aisle.

"Nice story", I smile crossing my arms.

"Oh. Haha hey Hiccup. I was just telling the kids how awesome I am!", he says.

I glare at him uninterested.

"Right. I'm just gonna... go... yeah...", he slouches his shoulders and leaves through the double doors.

"Daddy! What are you doing here?", my Zephyr asks from the front row.

"I'm just stopping by! I don't want to interrupt anything", I say smiling at my friend.

"It's always a pleasure when the Chief comes by. Right guys?", Fishlegs asks the class and everyone nods.

Zephyr looks slightly embarrassed that I'm here but it rolls off her shoulders.

"Thanks guys! I'm glad to hear you guys are learning the history of the Dragon Eye. It was quite an important part of early Viking history and our history as Dragon Riders as well", I say standing in the middle of the aisle.

"That's right! And our fearless leader made a duplicate version from scratch in order to read the lenses before our enemies could!", Fishlegs says.

The kids "oooh" and "awe" as I nod proudly.

Zephyr is gazing upon me with such sweet eyes.

"Mr. Ingerman will tell you more, I have to go check on docs! Bye everyone!", I wave as I walk out the door.

Before I close the door I hear tiny footsteps run up behind me.

Zephyr hugs my torso tightly from behind, "Daddy don't go"

I pull her outside and I kneel down to kiss her nose and look in her eyes.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"I don't know... I was okay at first... but now I just want to be with you. I want to hear your story about the dragon eye... how did you make it? Which dragon flames lit up which kind of lense? What was...", she goes on a tangent and I cut her off.

"Zeph, I will tell you all about everything! I promise you", I tuck her long hair in her headband that she now wears, matching her mother's.

She looks down at her feet with such an innocent longing.