Chapter 48 - Hiccup

Let's see...

We'll need supplies for about three to four days... maybe some weaponry and flares just in case...

"Whatcha working on Knucklehead?", Astrid comes up behind me nearly scaring the Night Fury clasps off my chest.

"Oh! Hello M'lady! Uh... erm... nothing... important", I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Nothing important? But you didn't notice me coming into the Great Hall?", she smirks.

"Sorry... I'm just..."

"Just trying to plan the trip?", she sits down next to me.

"Yes...", she knows me so well. Or I've just been obsessing over it the last few months.

"Hiccup we can go. Magnus was captured by Alvin weeks ago. If anyone can hold him captive, it's the Outcasts", she says encouragingly.

"I know. And it's wonderful that we don't have to worry..."

"What's wrong babe?", she puts a hand on mine that's on my map and notes.

"What if he won't recognize us? What if he's completely wild now and does anything to stop us from coming near the Hidden World. I know we want to bring the kids... and what if it isn't safe. What if we break something the dragons have kept hidden for so long?"

"Hiccup. Toothless alone fought off an entire army that tried to invade that place. If one single boat in the middle of the day came drifting by, the Toothless that I know you trained would use caution before action. The only problem you'll have is him trying to recognize you with that beard", she says nudging my shoulder.

I laugh relived at her truthful statement.

"I'm just nervous I guess. I know you probably are about Stormfly too", I say looking into her eyes.

"Of course. We've been apart from them longer than we had them. But if we know them as well as we do, it will be a wonderful reunion", she smiles as she kisses my scruffy cheek.

"We'll go soon. We need to wait out anymore possible disturbances in the Archipelago", I say.

She agrees with me. But we both don't know if we should tell the gang or not.

"How did Nuff do today?", I ask her as she writes some notes down herself.

"Good! He walked with Zeph to school. I didn't even go with them"

"That's great! I can't believe they're both in the Dragon Academy now"

"Hiccup, hun, it's been over a month", she says not taking her eyes off her scribbling.

"I know. But Astrid, we have an eight year old and a five year old. How did that happen?"

"It took a lot of growing, learning and time. But I couldn't imagine it any different or with anybody else", her blue eyes sparkle and I can't help but kiss her sweet peach colored lips.

My bride of nine whole years.

She has been greater than the Chieftess I ever dreamed of having. And then some!

I am especially loving this time now where both kids go to school and I get to do my everyday duties with my wife.

"Whoa Hiccstrid's in here we better come back later...", I hear Snotlout's voice from the doors. Tuffnut snickers behind him.

"Ugh. What is it?", I ask turning around.

"Nothing really. Fishlegs is calling all of us to the school. He wants to do a Dragon Riders panel for class today", he says with such a prideful face.
"I will re-visit the awesomeness that was SnotFang!"