Chapter 14 - Astrid

*5 Months Later*

It's been a while now since that attack on New Berk, and thankfully it hasn't happened again. Hiccup has made sure that our defenses are up and everyone has reinforcements.

Mala was absolutely devastated upon our return when she found out about Throk's betrayal. I can't believe it still to this day.

Magnus and the Rebellion of the Wing seemed to have disappeared after the sinking of the ship, but I know the Fractious Berserkers are out there somewhere. It's very strange to be back in battle mode again after all that time, but it was bound to spring up again.

Dagur nailed the idea of re-styling one of our ships to look like theirs. They had no idea we were coming. The snow also played a huge factor in that.

I lay in Hiccup and I's bed and watch the sunrise hit the top of the mountain and gleam down into the window. The spring air was upon us already.

I was too excited to go back to sleep after waking up so early because we are expecting a visitor!

"Good morning, love", Hiccup lazily rolls on to his side.

He pulls up my shirt slightly and lays a hand on my now very full belly; rubbing it gently as his eyes blink open.

"Good morning little one"

I smiled warmly as I lay my hand on his. Just then, I feel movement within the womb.

"Oh! Hiccup feel!", I take his hand and place it towards my left side.

What I can imagine is a foot glides across his hand under my skin.

"OH MY THOR! There's something in there!", he jumps up excitedly.

I laugh at his child-like reaction.

"It's just crazy to think!", he giggles and feels some more.

"It truly is. I just keep getting fatter as it happens"

"Astrid, you're not fat, impossible, it's all baby", he kisses my cheek.

"You excited to see Heather?"

"Oh gods yes! It's been almost a year by this point!", I try jumping up from the bed but the extra weight doesn't make it easy anymore.

"Oh let me help you", Hiccup runs around the bed.

"No no I got it!", I put up a hand to stop him.

It's difficult to maneuver when you can't even see your own feet. I grunt at how hard it is to do basic everyday stuff.

Especially when you're mere weeks away from giving birth.

Hiccup has to help me with my boots after I get fully dressed. I haven't worn my usual leather skirt in ages... thank gods for my mother sewing me new clothes to wear for the time being and still look lethal.

Heather is coming to visit and stay with us for a little while to help set up the nursery, and help me with the baby while Hiccup has to continue chiefing. I know I have my mother and Valka but I wanted a good excuse to spend more time with my best friend. It's been too long.

"How are you feeling?", Hiccup asks buttoning the last few clasps of his leather armor.

"Done", I laugh.

"I don't blame you. Almost there", he kisses my forehead.

"Come on let's go to the docks", he holds my hand in his.

We have to walk slower of course and my patience has been worn thin, but Hiccup makes sure that I am very careful.

I try to hide the uncomfortable waddle that I have developed, but I fail miserably.