Chapter 19 - Hiccup

The almost summer sun was shining warmly on New Berk as the trees were waving in the wind calmly. The slight warm breeze making the new green leaves dance. Birds were chirping loudly as the many raging waterfalls around the island gave them a reason to.

Coming up on almost 3 years without the dragons, a subtle peace was upon the village. There hasn't been any attacks within the last year and a half or so after rescuing Dagur from the Fractious Berserkers. Disabling some of their fleet and structures in the process, we left them in a rough place that made it difficult for them to think about coming after us.

As for Mala and Dagur, their island hasn't seen such peace in a long time either, but there is still no word on the whereabouts of Heather.

Judging from her behavioral patterns in the past, she must have gone off on her own for a while. A long while. With all of the change and storms that have hit us and our allies, I don't blame her for wanting to get away from it all. Her best friends all have a home and are starting families; not to mention that her bother has a tribe and family of his own! She must not feel like there's a place for her. I just don't get why she cut off all communication... it's truly sad.

Astrid took it pretty hard after not receiving a letter back after her 28.

Yes. I counted. I haven't seen my poor Astrid so broken hearted since she let go of Stormfly. It really hurt to see my lovely bride in such a depressive state after losing two of her closest companions. But over the last year, she has really grown, healed and become such an incredible Chieftess and woman. Making it a point in our lives to value what we have and make sure to hold it dear.

I've spent a lot of my time helping my tribe become one of the best in the Archipelago, and of course... educating the future of New Berk with dragon knowledge and appreciation!

"Okay Zephyr, what is this one?", I ask my beautiful daughter, holding up the Book of Dragons.

"Ummmm... Hidous Wippleback", she jumps and her two very small pigtails bounce along.

"That's right!", I scoop her up and spin her around, kissing her cheek intensely as she giggles.

"Daddy! Stooooop!", she giggles.

"Well, I see my two dragon scouts are up to no good", my absolutely gorgeous wife walks out of the house.

"Mommy!", Zephyr runs up and jumps into Astrid's arms, causing her to drop the basket she was holding.

They hug sweetly and rub noses.

Seeing Astrid reminds me how absolutely blown my mind is; at how well she has become a mother to a tribe and to our little girl as well. Despite the disputes between foes and even the loss of friends, she has remained a rock and warrior. Fighting to be the best Chieftess I could ever ask for.

"You're getting so big! Almost to heavy for mommy to carry you around", she laughs putting her down.

"Hey Zeph, do you know how old you are going to be next week?", I ask my already brilliant child.

"Two!", she squeals.

"Ah! That's right big girl!", Astrid kneels down and kisses her forehead.

"Ohhh 2 is a big age?! I'm double that! Many times!", Snotlout rounds the corner.

I roll my eyes and Zephyr notices. Then she looks at Astrid, who gives her daughter a devious grin and nods towards him.

"Shush Uncle Snotlout", she points in the air.

Like I said. BRILLIANT child.

Astrid and I burst into laughter.

"Haha! She she told you to shush!", Tuffnut says as he rounds the corner with his twin, who is laughing along with him. Fishlegs isn't far behind.