Chapter 12 - Astrid

Ah! 1K reads! You guys are incredible thank you so much for giving my story a chance!

I do hope it goes further, I have a lot more story under my belt!

Here's 12, I made it a little longer so hope you're ready for it!

Thank you again,

- k.r.

——————————————————

Snow was falling as the day grew older, and the colored lanterns were flickering as the cheer grew brighter.

Festivities were very close to beginning as the banquet drew sooner.

Children screaming and playing, building snow-dragons and dressed them with garland.

My heart ached slightly due to the absence of Stormfly this Snoggletog, the first one without her, but I have so much to be thankful for.

"Hi Chieftess Astrid!", the kids waved to me on my walk around the village.

I must say my heart leaped in its spot when I pictured my own being that big one day. I put a hand on my belly and kept walking happily.

New Berk was the most joyful I've seen it in months. I'm so honored to be a leader of these people. I'm thankful to Odin for being able to lead by Hiccup's side.

Speaking of Hiccup,
"Afternoon M'lady! Talking a walk?"

"Yes, making sure everyone and everything is running smoothly"

"Great! Mind if I join? We have to be up at the banquet hall in a little bit anyways"

I nod and he takes my hand.

Hiccup has become so natural at chiefing, and I am doing my very best to do the same. He has told me countless times that I am already a leader and that I just received a fancy title.

I know he's right.

I think too much.

"Goodness little one, you're causing your mother to be an emotional wreck", I thought to myself.

"You feeling okay?"

"Yes, much better today actually. I had a good breakfast and a snack for lunch. Ready to feast tonight"

"You're feeding for two so...", he says not trying to be quiet.

"SHHH! Can't you wait just 30 more minutes?!", I put a hand to his mouth.

He laughs and takes my hand to kiss it, "I'm just excited Astrid".

I melt at his green eyes looking at me so lovingly. Those eyes that make my stomach somersault within me. His long hair falling messily around his face due to the moisture of the snowfall. He is so handsome.

If we didn't have anywhere to be in a minute, I'd jump on him right now.

However, we know now what that causes, so we need to be extra careful later on.

I giggle at my thoughts.

"Okay Astrid you need to calm down before we miss the banquet", my husband says taking my hand and marching faster.

"Umm how did you know that's where my mind was at?"

"You're my best friend and my wife. And as your husband, I am VERY clear on those pleading blue eyes you put on", he nearly shouts and I have to shush him again.