Field Trip

Tw: abuse, blood, attempted kidnapping, knives.

Patton's POV

Patton came back to the room after breakfast to find Virgil packing. 'Oh no he's getting released or transferre-'

Virgil was quick to notice Patton frozen in the doorway. "Hey pat, you packed yet?" This confused Patton more than anything. "You forgot, didn't you?" Patton meekly nodded. An empty bag was dumped onto his arms. "We're going on a field trip slash vocation thing with the rest of the stable patients tomorrow. We'll be staying out overnight so make sure to pack pajamas."

"Where are we going?" Patton questioned, starting to shove a pair of neon cat pajamas into the bag.

"The fair is in town so we'll be spending the day there then staying at a hotel that night." Virgil zipped up his bag, hoisting it onto his shoulder and grabbing a medium sized case.

"What's that?" Patton pointed at the black case.

"It's my emergency anxiety kit. It's got my medication and some other things to help me calm down. As well as bandages and other first aid stuff." Virgil gestured to the case as he set it and his backpack by the door. "I make sure to bring it whenever I go anywhere."

"That's really co-" Patton attempted to shove one of the giant stuffed animals, from his bed, into the small backpack, failing miserably and faceplanting into the bed. Virgil held in a chuckle, sitting by him on the bed, and running his fingers thru Patton's wild hair as Patton giggled uncontrollably into the covers.

Timeskip brought to you by puppet Virgil.

"Everyone stay with your group. Of you get lost or separated from them make sure you have a rendevu point. We will be meeting back here at eight thirty sharp. If you are late we will be sending someone in to get you." The chaperone waved the group away.

"Ooh! Ooh! Let's go on that one first." Patton pointed at a rather large rollercoaster with multiple twists, that was speeding by.

Virgil shot him down. "How about no. I'm not getting in one of those death traps."

Logan was quick to cut in. "Actually amusement parks are relatively safe. The chances of being injured are at one in twenty-four million, and the chance of being killed is at one in seven hundred fifty million."

"See! They're perfectly safe!" Patton started dragging Virgil closer to the line.

Virgil grounded himself, resisting his bubbly boyfriend. "I'm still not going on one of those. They are literally designed to make you fear for your life. It's not very good for people like me."

"Fine, you can stay down here Mr scaredy-cat. Come on you two the line's super short right now!" Roman impatiently grabbed both the bespectacled  boys' hands.

Logan removed his hand from Roman's before he was dragged too far. "I'm going to sit this one out, with Virgil. You two can go ahead though, don't let us stop you from having fun."

Roman groaned. "Come on Pat,  let's go before the line gets any longer." They went for about two hours like this. Roman and Patton wanting to ride every ride and Virgil nopeing out on any that were more extreme than the Farris wheel. (though Virgil dominated Roman in bumper cars.)

They were heading away from one of the more exciting roller coasters when Patton saw an adorable puppy plushie in between two of the stalls. Patton ran over and picked it up. 'Some kid must have been really sad to lose this.' Patton turned follow the others when a heavy gloved hand latched itself around his mouth. His glasses got roughly knocked off as he struggled. He felt something cold and sharp get pressed against his neck.