The Promise

Tw: fighting, minor injuries, slight possesseveness?

Also before you start look at my art! I painted a scene from this chapter (more like a mirrored a scene from what I painted)

Flashback Remus's POV

Duke jumped through the mirror, checking his surroundings before relaxing. He found himself in a sunlit clearing, all alone. Remus tugged at the back on his mind, wanting to play in the forest. Duke allowed it, fading into the unconscious, but always alert.

Remus took off thru the trees. It had been so long since he had full control. No offence to duke, but he was a bit overprotective. Whenever anyone was around he made sure that his softer counterpart was secured in the deepest recesses of the mind. Remus was climbing one of the taller trees when he heard a branch break below him. Duke imminently tried to take control but Remus wouldn't give up his freedom that easily.

"Hello?" Remus looked down through the branches to see a young man wearing what looked like a Prince's uniform.

'Let me take control, he's going to hurt you!' Duke sounded frantic but Remus just pushed him away.

'He's a Prince! He's obviously trustworthy.' With that Remus jumped down right behind the other, ignoring Duke's desperate pleas.

"Heya!" The young man jumped, flipping around to face the smiling teen.

"Salutations! I am creativity!" He paused for a second before continuing. "Who might you be?"

"I'm creativity!" Remus was confused. He hadn't meant to say that. "Creativity- crea- c-" Remus let out a huff. Why can't he say his name!

'Creativity' giggled at his childish antics. "You didn't mean to say that either, did you?" Remus shook his head, pouting. "Well we can't both be creati-"

Remus didn't even let him finish. "Nicknames! We can play pretend! You can be Prince because of your outfit, and I could be your duke!" Remus ignored Duke's grumbling, looking at 'Creativity' for his approval.

"That is a stupendous idea! This land does remind me of something you would see in a fairytale!" Prince grandly gestured to the foliage around them. "You can just feel the magical whimsy radiating from this forest!" He looked Remus in his eyes, offering his outstretched hand. "So my loyal duke, would you like to accompany me on this adventure?"

Remus giggled as he took his hand. "What first? Saving a damsel in distress? Storming an evil kings castle? Slaying a dragon witch?"

Prince smiled at Remus's enthusiasm before questioning. "What's a 'dragon witch?"

Remus's eyes lit up. "You've never encountered a dragon witch? Well you must consider yourself lucky! They are hulking beasts, lords of both  magic and the sky. Legends say they were selfish witches that went too far in their lust for power, turning them into horrific beasts that can no longer acquaint themselves with their own kind." Prince's eyes were sparkling as Remus used his hands to emphasise the monstrosity of the fearsome creature. "They often kidnap damsels to try and steal their beauty and return to their previous forms."

"Oh my! They must be a truly formidable oppo-" Prince was interrupted by an shrill scream. An ominous shadow passed over them, blocking out the sun for a few seconds. Looking up they saw a young woman in a sparkling dress standing out against the threatening shadow carrying her.

Remus gasped, grabbing Prince's hand and pulling him towards where the damsel had been taken. Prince resisted at first before seeing the excited look in his eyes, he allowed himself to be dragged through the woods. After a few minutes they reached a clearing at the base of a mountain. Remus smiled charging towards a cave at the edge of the clearing, only to get pulled back by Prince.

Roman's POV

Roman held Duke back from going into the dark cave. He was still trying to process what was going on. He had gone to sleep in his and Logan's room and somehow woken up in a sunlit clearing with a hyperactive teen. He still wasn't fully convinced this wasn't just some vivid dream. Just when things were starting to make sense this 'dragon witch' appeared with a princess and everything. As much as Roman wanted to believe it it sounded to much like one of his fairytales.

"You can't go in there unarmed. You'll just get yourself killed!" Duke looked back at him before unsheathing a sword that had apparently been resting on Roman's hip. He wielded the sword more like it was a club than a razor sharp sword.

"Come on! We've got a damsel to save!" Roman just stood stunned.

"H-how do you expect me to fight if you have stolen my weapon?!" Roman couldn't help the panic that was lacing his voice.

Duke just laughed pointing to the sheath on his him where there was somehow still a sword! A rumble was heard from the cave. He instinctively unsheathed his sword, silently thanking his parents for letting him do his own stunts. All those medieval fight scenes might pay off. Roman gasped at the creature that emerged from the cave. It was a towering crimson dragon with faded runes covering every inch of their scaly body. Implanted into their chest was an amulet that glowed with a dangerous red light. A tattered cloak billowed in between their massive wings, held on by only a tattered rope.

Duke was giggling like a maniac as he charged towards the massive beast. He tried to take a chunk out of their leg but was thrown back into the forest by a blast of blood red flames. Roman cried out, trying to assist his fallen comrade but the dragon witch had different ideas. He narrowly blocked their tail as it was sent careening towards him. Roman dropped his stance, preparing for the next attack. He didn't have to wait long as the dragon sent a pillar of purple flames towards him. He rolled out of the way before taking the offensive, slashing his sword across their chest. They let out a pained cry rearing back, before flapping their massive wings to take flight. Roman was knocked back by the gust of wind but remained on his feet. He readied his sword, not daring to look away from the flying monstrosity. They hovered just above the clearing, chanting in some archaic language. The runes along their body began to light up. Roman noticed the ground around him begin to light up. He leapt out of the way as a geyser of pure lava erupted from the place he was standing. He looked frantically around the clearing. There was no way he could defeat them from the ground.

He suddenly heard a battle cry coming above him.

Remus's POV

Remus let out a cry of pain as he was blasted from the clearing. He propped himself up on one elbow examining the damage. It wasn't too bad, just a couple of minor burns and scratches along his arms and chest. As he examined his damaged outfit he saw a glint in the distance. A morning star was imbedded into a log not too far away. Remus didn't even try to find his sword, making a beeline for the spiked weapon. He ripped it out of the log, taking a moment to admire the expert workmanship.

'Remus concentrate!' Remus was jolted out of his thoughts. He saw the dragon witch was hovering above the clearing and quickly formulated a plan.

Hi! Guess what. I got a haircut today! My hairs so short now.

It's like at my waist now. So short I know.

Anyways shoutout to @GamerDounut for reminding me to update! (Sorry if the @ doesn't work correctly I tried.)