Show (part 4)

Tw: injuries, pain, slight derogatory language (someone is called pet once), violence.

Viewer's POV

Vivian leaned against the door frame, his silhouette starkly contrasting in the dimly lit room. "Ah, I wondered when you would show up to rescue your little sidekick, demon." The scientist took a step away from Jackie but was still to close for comfort.

"Listen Dr S, I just want my mate back. This can all be over of you just let Pathos go." Vivian stepped into the room, stopping beside Jackie's feet. Jackie gave him a betrayed look before he noticed the bands on his feet loosening. He wondered for a moment where the demon's voluminous cloak had disappeared to.

"And give up my best chance of discovering the secret of eternal life? Don't think I haven't been noticing how you come back from the dead after each time you and my pet fight." Dr S twirled one of his knifes in between his fingers.  The second buckle keeping Jackie's legs to the table released and Vivian inched up to his hands.

"I am giving you a chance to surrender, to give him up peacefully and escape unharmed. You do not want to see me angry." Vivian raised his voice to mask the metallic breaking sound of the lock that kept the straps binding Jackie's hands secure.

"Why should I be afraid of a little temper tantrum? If you were strong enough to rival me then you would have gotten your lover out ages ago!"

"You shouldn't be so sure about that. Vivian ripped the bands tying Jackie down away before vaulting himself over the tablet and pinning Dr S to the ground.

Dr S trembled as he struggled to get the enraged demon off of himself. "H- h- how!"

"I've seen what you've been doing to him!" Vivian glowed with a black light as he strangled the confused scientist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vivian jumped thru the open window, checking his surroundings for any stray scientists. He quickly made his way down the halls, climbing up several levels before looking around and closing his eyes. Darkness enveloped the scene only to be replaced by a faintly glowing, white trail. It traced it's way down the hall and thru a heavily barred door. Vivian opened his eyes and sprinted to the door. He slammed himself into the door, denting the metal. The second attempt collapsed the door into the room. A whimper could be heard from deeper in the room. Vivian suddenly hauled when he saw what awaited him in the room. A smaller male huddled in the corner, demonic runes carved into his skin and the floor surrounding him. Dirty white wings were chained to the wall behind him, flecks of red and dark brown staining the fragile feathers. His once white clothes where torn and dirty.  "Pathos!" Vivian rushed up to his mate but stopped before touching him.

The child like angel looked up at the demon, the fear in his eyes being replaced by hope when he saw who it was. "V- Vivian?" He hesitantly held out his arms for an embrace. All hesitancy disappeared as Vivian swept Pathos into a warm embrace. "Y- you came!" Tears ran down the angel's cheeks, as he sobbed into the back of  Vivian's shirt.

Vivian pulled Pathos away to look him in the eye. "I would never abandon you." Vivian pressed a soft kiss to Pathos's forehead before allowing the smaller male to bury himself in demon's black cloak. "Let's go home." Vivian went to take Pathos out of the circle on the floor but was stopped by a whimper from his mate. A closer look exposed the demonic symbols that had been cut into his skin glowing brightly. "I swear that b-" Vivian looked down at his love, quickly censoring himself. "-bad man will pay for what he did to you." Vivian placed Pathos gently down in the circle, taking of his cloak and wrapping it comfortingly around him. "I will return for you." Vivian left the room, a single tear escaping from his dark eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vivian hauled the unconscious Dr S over his shoulder, marching confidently thru the halls. Jackie desperately tried to keep up. "Go free your pet." Vivian growled sending Jackie scrambling away to go find Sam.

Jackie quickly checked the rooms, finally finding Sam trapped in a large, transparent tube. He ran to the control panel and hacked thru the fragile security, causing the tube to open and release the energetic eyeball. Jackie left the room, Sam following closely behind him. Jackie easily found where Vivian had gone, following the trail of terrified scientist. He found himself in a dark dungeon looking room. Vivian had thrown Dr S into the wall and was currently approaching him in a quite threatening manner. "Don't kill him!"  Vivian whipped around to see Jackie standing in the entrance,

Vivian just rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to kill him, just wake him up." Vivian placed his palm directly on Dr S's forehead. He opened his eyes with a gasp, his eyes flashing a haunting black for a second after they opened. "Wakey, wakey." Dr S trembled like a leaf under Vivian's threatening gaze. "Not so cocky now, are ya!" Dr S frantically shook his head. "Now, you're going to do exactly what I say. If you do good enough I may let you keep your life." Dr S nodded enthusiastically. "Good, now let Pathos go!" Vivian's voice reverberated thru the bare room. The terrified man scrambled over to the corner where he started quickly scratching out the demonic runes before using a small key to release the angel's wings. Vivian and Pathos rushed to eachother, sharing a passionate kiss. "I told you so."

Pathos's only response was a light giggle as he snuggled farther into Vivian's chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackie opened an entry in his futuristic recorder. "This week was eventful. I learned quite a few interesting things about the Earthlings. For one; you can't always trust appearances. No matter how good or evil they seem it could just be a mask to lure people in our keep them away. Two; don't stand between two people in love. It won't end pretty. Three... Well three could be that no-one is exempt from trials. Even the most deserving of happiness will suffer.... That closes my report for today." Jackie clicked off the flashing light and went to bed, pulling Sam close.

%;÷/ ×*)) .÷"÷= ÷$'@[÷ ?÷