Chapter 39 - Mina pov

A/N: Sorry for this sudden change, i left this chapter in a different file so i forgot to publish this, mianhae

.

.

.

- - - - - - - -

<flashback>

<high school life>

"papa, why I could see my friend's red string?"

"you saw a red string?? they could be your potential soulmates, you could acquire them anytime you want"

"really? but I recently found out it's not connected to me but someone else"

"ooow..., yeah you can" "however, there are consequences if you choose a person who already have a soulmate"

"??"

"someone could die in your hand if you just randomly acquire or takeover the red string"

"Die!?"

"sorry to tell you now, Mina"
"you are a cursed child"

---

The night filled with overthinking and dilemma, I have to decide whether to acquire or leave her side.

I start to avoid her without clear explanation. start to give short or cold responses, didn't go to her house anymore, which was really hard for me. It led me to going home broken-hearted every day.

When she held my hand, I didn't tightly hold hers like before. When she pecked my lips, I didn't return it back. When she asked me "what's wrong?" I always lied by saying "Nothing is wrong"

All i do is killing our relationship

My heart is not attached to the red string, but she has one. So, one day she will abandon me when she found out her soulmate, I am afraid I will not survive that day

Honestly speaking, I am more scared about getting dumped rather than killing someone because of my cursed power.

.

.

My plan worked, my quiet side made we could barely talk each day. I could see our relationship is withering like autumn leaves.

.

.

.

<end of flashback>

Nayeon and Jeongyeon came from the same high school, they are just friends who keep each other distance, not close, yet not far.

They are the type of person who will not blend together, Nayeon is an extreme extrovert, who could spend the whole day and night outside like shopping or even clubbing. Jeongyeon prefer quality time rather than that.

I should be thanking Nayeon for talking to me on the first day, because of her, I know someone who has a good heart.

Especially when I know Jeongyeon is my neighbour in the dorm, I feel like we are destined to cross path.

Never thought i could have friends in campus life because I was so quiet and nerd that I only had one friend back in school life.

Spending time with them, even just talking or little chit-chat makes my day brighter, even though mostly listening to her with Nayeon conversation. Just her presence somehow makes me feel safe.

For a quiet person like me, It was weird at first but I realized when I'm with her my heart starts to feel lighter and lighter. I unconsciously smiled or giggled at her or even initiating a conversation to a person I merely know.

It was unpredictable but i like it.

I always look forward to see you, my eye focus runs when our eyes met, It tingles when your hand accidentally bumped into mine when we study. Thanks to you, my heart pounds like crazy. I admit to myself that I like you. A LOT.

I'm not expecting anything in return, I hope we can still be friends in case you found out my feelings for you.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: I realized when i typed Mina in my doc, so here we are the triple update 😂