Chapter 40

I stand ready as he comes at me. His sword is raised high the blade gleams brightly. I see the ruins glow softly along the blade. The gold handle fits around his hand with ease.

At the last moment I draw my katana. I block his attack with it sparks fly. He jumps back from me looking at me oddly. I look down to where his eyes are and I see just what has him so distracted.

My blade glows brightly and I feel it vibrate in my hands. I watch as the iron and steal blade reshape themselves. The steal, a beautiful silver, curves making a crescent moon shape with a sharp edge on each side. The iron travels up the blade to the tip and makes sweeping spikes  like waves on the curved end. Gold travels to the handle making a guard not only for my hand but my wrist. The gold makes beautiful vine work that stands out and lastly the ribbon wraps and braids itself on the hilt making a moon and star charm hang form its end in beautiful gold and silver. I stare at the new blade when I remember something Clover told me. I watch as my name is written in ruins along the blade and it hits me. The blade is truly mine now.

I swing it in a large ark the light weight fitting my fighting style perfectly. Arson watches me a look of bitterness makes his face ugly.

"Your sword may have changed but it means nothing without a proper name. You cant even call forth its power if you do not even know its name so its useless. As useless as you." he charges me again and I block him with it takes more effort this time. The blade a new shape I don't know how to handle.

I'm pushed backwards by his force and I struggle to stay standing. I quickly do a back flip his sword hitting the marble floor. I reach around and grab my bow. The wood a welcoming feel. I pull the string testing only to notice the bow has changed as well. It now has what seems like silver wings made into the points at each end where the string wraps. The wood hums in my hands and again I see my name in ruins with vine work wrapped around them.  I pull a arrow from my quiver and see that it has sun shaped arrow heads that look like they were dipped in gold. Taking aim I shoot and like he has a beacon on him it follows him around as he tries to dodge it.

He runs around the room till he finally turns and blocks it with his sword. A bright light fills the room as it makes contact. I have to cover my eyes from it or end up blinded. I then feel a arm around my neck and then a sharp pain in my side.

I drop my bow on the ground and then I'm flung out of reach. breathing hard I reach for my sword only remembering I stabbed it into the floor when I grabbed my bow. I see it laying where I had been. I push my self up and my hand goes to my side. sliding my fingers away I see blood cakes them. I try to think of what stabbed me but cant make a clear guess.

I hear laughter and looking up I see Arson. A dagger in his hands. The blade drips with my blood and I growl deep with.

"Now we can have an almost fair fight. Being I cant really use magic and now you cant really use your weapons." he stalks over to me and I jump back as he starts to slice the air where I had just been. The dagger looking more and more dangerous with each swing. He comes closer and the only thing I think to do is throw my arms out at him. A odd color comes form my hands and he is set ablaze. His screams reach my ears and I quickly rack my brain for what to do. Then I remember what Slade showed me. I focus and make a weapon out of each element. A dagger much like his.

I release the flames on him and he turns to look at me his arms now all blistered up. I charge with my dagger. The blade made of ice and wind hit him in the shoulder drawing blood and he yells at me throwing me back with his force ability. I go across the room and hit a pillar that stands in the room.

"Fuck!" I toss the blade aside and reach inside myself for something else. I garb hold of my earth element. With a large stomp I break the floor open between us making him almost fall to his death. I bring forth the fire from the bottom of this crack to the surface. He jumps back from it in a great hurry but not before  I make a tidal wave from the fountains I know are in the many gardens. They wash over him almost drowning him.