Chapter 15

I feel the world take a spinning leap to the left and then right. My body is on auto pilot.

Someone takes my hand leading me. Soft words are spoken. My name a breath of hot air. I'm moving but I catch nothing in my vision to tell where I'm going.

"In shock." Light words start to form in my mind.

My eyes slowly focus. Bright balls of light float in the air and then move. They all sparkle different shades of color catching the eye.

I look around at this new forest. Wild looking plants glow softly as they move revealing a well beaten path. My bare flat feet leave small footprints that glow then fade as I walk for word.

Small gasps are heard all around. I fight the urge to tell them to fuck off. Under enough stress as is.

Small and large creatures dart between the soft glow of vegetation. Their glowing eyes giving away their curiosity.

I turn back the way I came only to see a closed wall of thorns and Ray standing with Saber. Their similarities are striking. Saber's eyes meet mine. A look of deep worry cresses his brows.

"Father huh? Care to explain that?" I snark to him. A deep troubled sigh leaves him.

"Yes Raven I'm your true father. Your mother and Nick knew it too." he comes to stand by me. I look up into his weary face and find I can't be angry. At my slight look he continues.

"After my thousand or so years of walking this world. I found out many things about myself. Let alone all the abilities I learned. Lizzy and I had had the best life there for a time. Even if I was the prince of a land, let alone two." He lets a soft smile reach his lips.

He takes my hand softly in his I feel his warmth bleeding into me. He leads me to a soft blue colored pond.

"Take a seat Raven. I'll show you something where its not painful to the body." His free hand reaches out over the still water. Then with one finger he touches it. Our reflection fades to show a young Saber. Age lines gone eyes bright with life. I watch with curiosity.

"I see what's going on and I'm not in your mind." I say with wonder.

"Exactly! Less pain on you till you learn to better ground yourself." He smiles with pride which makes me blush slightly.

"Like I said Lizzy and I had a great life for a shirt time. Then one day a man caught her attation. My dear friend had found her mate and had her son. So I was alone and heart broken.." I watch a women with long brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes much like Deliverance's look from Saber to a man with dull brown eyes and blonde hair.

A look so odd crossed her face and tears fell as she looks back to Saber. He smiled at her and let her go.

Time moves forward and a baby boy is shown. Eyes so bright that I know its Dev. Another boy hugs close to the women a soft small on all their faces.

"As you can guess Lizzy is Deliverince's mother." A smile reaches his eyes.

"After a while I would travel through time to keep myself occupied. Visiting new places meeting new people and creatures. That is when I first met your mother. She stopped me cold in my tracks. At the time she was only ten but she was so beautiful and kind. She wasn't afraid of me and told me point blank she had seen me coming. At the time I thought it odd but then I learned of her gifts." he actually laughs then. The sound filled with joy.

I look at the pond to see him at the tree line and a very young version of mama standing there smiling. My heart broke a bit at the sight. Her red hair flew out behind her in the wind as she spoke to Saber.