Chapter 37

The sounds of a wall collapsing makes me jump and start to turn back but I force myself to walk on.

"They got this. They will be alright." I follow the trail of odd flower petals knowing its a huge trap but I have no other choice. I look over my should and see the petals fade behind me making the trail disappear. I walk on.

I come to a large grand stare case. The steps are covered in a blood red carpet. The steps whined up in a spiral leading into darkness. I start my walk up them knowing I could die or be enslaved after this. They seems to go on forever and as I climb higher I see the walls start to have torches. Their soft glow gives off a creepy effect.

At long last I reach the door. Its face is decorated with the images of angels. Their white and golden wings spread wide like justice has been served as they look down on mankind. With my stomach in knots I grab the golden handles and push the door open.

The room beyond is not what I expected. Beautiful blue silk curtains cover the window and block out the now night sky. A large bed with drapes of the same blue silk sets in the middle with a frame of Ivory. To the other side of the room a dresser and vanity are made of the same Ivory. The look of high royalty shows in every part of this room that I'm so lost in its grandness  that it takes me a moment to notice Arson standing there.

He smiles at me and I feel myself shudder at the look of raw huger I see in his eyes. He comes from behind the shadows to stand in the full light and I see that he has a loose button down that reveals his chest a good bit.  A cape the color of midnight drops over his shoulders and leather pants that tuck into combat boots. All in all the look of count of the night. He moves closer and more into the light and something catches my eye. I notice that at his side is a sword. A sword I've seen before. His hand goes to it of its own will drawing my eyes back to his face.

"Followed my petals did you? Good I left those just for you and you alone."

"Why?" he leans forward and grabs my chin in a tender way. Nothing like the last time.

"Why you ask. Well to show you to your chambers of course." His thumb traces my bottom lip making me jerk away. "This room will be yours. Of course the first few years I'll have to lock it but then once you come around I'll give you the key." He leans back from me a twisted smile on his face.

"What make me a caged princess in your tower?" he laughs at my tone and then I'm slammed into a wall without warning. His body is pressed against mine and I feel every hard rigged line.

"Oh no dear Raven you will be my Caged Queen." His hands grab my face forcing me to look into his eyes. I fight him and he gets an almost sad look and then he kisses me and I'm shocked for a moment by the tenderness of it but I push him off me and wipe my mouth on the back of my hand. He laughs and shakes his finger at me.

"I'm a tender lover Raven to my play things when they cooperate." He stalks back to me and flicks his wrist. I feel a pressure around me and know that he has used his ability against me. I don't fight it because I know its pointless. He stalks up to me and slant my eyes at him.

"I will never give into your wants Arson. I know its not me you want but a child with my gifts. Something that you will never have from me." He looks at me and raises a thick eyebrow in curiosity.

"Hmmm and why do you think I'll not have it? Because your bond with my brother? That wont matter in the least. If anything it'll make the child come to me quicker." he smiles at my look of distaste. "But your not completely wrong Raven. I do and will have your first born child. I need the child for my Lord and creator. Something you will not understand. " Its now my turn to laugh and laugh I do. He turns to me startled but enraged.

"WHY DO YOU LAUGH!!" I look at him through tear filled eyes and smile darkly at him.

"What it is you want you can never have. I have already given up my first born child." His eyes slant with danger but I find I laugh at this too.

"Yes Arson me and Dev have made love. I had conceived his child and carried it within me till I gave it to the Gods and Goddesses  so I could return to our plain and do away with you and your so called Lord. I gave up my first born to be the vessel of the Goddess Clover when she returns. Her soul and the soul of my child will merge and become one." he screams in rage and I feel the pressure get tighter around me and then I'm thrown through the wall down into a lower chamber where I am released. I roll and land on my feet in a crouch. I look around to see I am now in the thrown room.

Hearing something I look up to see Arson descending form the hole in wall that he threw me. He lands with such force the room shakes and when he looks at me his face is a mask of pure rage.

"You are useless to me now! You shall pay for this. Pay with the stupid excuse of life you hold dear." At his words he grips his sword from his waist throwing his cape to the side and charges at me.