Chapter3

I stand there the lights shining down on me and I feel my heart give a jump at the overwhelming closeness of the crowd.

I stand there smelling all their sweat perfumes. The smell sticking to the top of my mouth.  I hear their every breath. Every in take and out take as if it were my own. Every word that's whispered assaults my eardrums. As if they have many hammers hitting with each word. 

Then the blood. I hear their blood rushing as their hearts beat loudly. I see it flow in their vines as look out at them. I lick my lips closing my eyes.

"Just a taste" I whisper so softly they wouldn't hear from where they sat.

Shaking my head hard I take a moment to block it out and focus. I feel my teeth sharpen the tips poking my bottom lip. I breath deeply through my nose and keep clam. I open my brown eyes knowing they are glowing gold and I see every detail.

Every expression on the crowds face, form excited to board to happy and mad. The sweat of the music bands men as they start to perform.

Taking another claiming breath I lift my hands in the first motion of my dance the bangles tingling around my wrists as I flick them out.

I hear the crowd gaps as they see my smile fangs and all. I step up and slide my leg up gracefully making a standing split. I lean forward my fingers curling in a way that means come closer.

I watch as the abundance leans forward in their in sets as if truly drawn near. I smile at them then lean back doing a back bend sliding my arms back out at my sides like wings.

I motion to the men of the band. Reaching up pulling a rope they make the silk cloth fall that they had tied to the top of the tent just for my dance.

I stand back up as three more cloths fall. Turning my back to the abundance I look over my shoulder a slight smile on my lips. I twirling my hips in a very sexy way that I know makes the men in the tent get hard just by the smell that's coming from them.

I can't help but smile again as I reach up with one hand still twirling my hips. I grab the forest green cloth pulling myself up rubbing against it slightly in a very sexual manner. The silk sliding against my skin nicely. I wrap my leg in it to hold me steady and I lean back without my hands touching it. Only my foot wrapped in the cloth holds me. I move my arms in flowed movements. My legs extend and I do a flip my foot sliding from the silk. The crowed gasps.

I reach for the deep blue cloth with my hands and I start to twist it so that I'll spin. I bow my back as I do so I make it look like part of the dance. I then let one leg rise up as the other twists back into the green cloth I make another split. I then let go of the blue one and I go flying and spinning across the room. I move my arms in beautiful motions twist my body in odd but stunning ways. I glide over the crowd and hear the gasps and some moans.

I then swing back and grab all four of the cloths the forest green one I leave wrapped around my left leg. A glimmering black one I wrap around my left arm. I lean to the deep blue one wrapping my right leg in it. Lastly I grab the midnight purple one wrapping my right arm.

I twist my body making all the cloths twist together till I'm at the top of the tent. I then stop all the lights are on me but then they go out in a flash.  I make my skin glow like I'm made of the night sky. One of my many ablities. I look like the stars left the heavens and cased themselves onto my skin.

I do another split my legs still wrapped to keep me up. I stretch my arms high above my head and the cloths holding my legs fall free. The silk leaves my skin in a soft creases. I'm only hanging by my arms but it feels amazing. The tight pull of musical as I use my strength. Using my body weight I spin around the room glowing like shooting stars.

Slowly I straighten my legs as I get close to the floor holding my toes like a ballerina. I touch the floor softly and silently.  I let the silk go like letting a caged bird free.

Spinning my hands above my head I make blue green flames curl around me making every stone shine bright in the fineally. The crowd gasps as they lean back from the intense heat. I bring my hands together in a loud clap the flames form a dragon. Its huge wings wrap around me then the flames die.

The room pitch black to all but me. I see every face clearly as they wait for light. Their slight fear pooling off them in waves. Hushed whispers fill my ears all around. I swallow hard counting the minutes.
One......
Two.....
Three....
Four....

The lights come back on and shine on me in the center ring. I find myself letting out a tightly held breath. I take a bow as the crowd burst with joy wonder and excitement. Feeling their fear wash away I smile and bow once more before walking quietly out the tent.

The mid day heat hits me full force. The sun so bright I cling to the shadows. My mouth hurts so bad, the gums swelling, that without thinking I reach up to touch it. Forgetting my fanges are down I cut my hand. A deep gash along my palm has beautiful blood seeping out. I'm cought.

The world around me fades. The only thing with meaning for me is the blood. The rich copper tint makes my mouth water. The color so dark red its almost black draws my eyes. I feel them glowing as they watch the line curve around my wrist.

Without any other thought I bring the quickly closing wound to my lips. The blood so warm and rich I gasp wanting more. The wound closed I fight the huger. I'm open my mouth to bite my hand again but then I hear someone behind me.

"There you are!" My best and only friend comes around the large tent. Shaken out of my stooper I quickly wipe my face of blood, still retteled by my own actions.

Her wide ever watchful eyes study me. She smiles softly at me. Shes the only one who knows how close I truly am to turning. For what ever reason she stays by my side. She loops her arm around my waist and we walk to the forest tree line.

When were away from everyone she makes me sit down. Watching me closely she leans in. Her  blood calling out to me. I clench my teeth at the hunger.

"Reaven I know what you were doing. If you need blood you can have some of mine." At her words my stomach clinches painfully.

"I could never Allena I just couldn't."

"If it keeps you here longer I'm willing." She makes my hands in hers gibing them a light squeeze.

"As tempting as it is I can't. I'd never forgive myself." I shake my head as I watch a sad knowing smile spread across her lips.

"I know Raven. I know. Had you agreed I'd been worried. Because then you wouldn't be you." She hugs me tightly a comfort I'm used to from her.

She let's me go and we stand the rays of sunlight reaching out to us. I watch mama at her tent and I allow Allena to pull me along back to the camp where cooking equipment is being set up.