Chapter 33

Dev growls at me and then he charges. I shrink away and hear Allena screech. Hands that once held me softly reach out just barely missing my arm in a brutal swing. I doge it again as he takes swing after swing at me the caller forgotten.

The floor seems to move with me as I doge each swing my body covered now in sweat. My breath comes in deep gasps as I feel myself getting tired. He seems to catch on as I watch a wicked grin spread across his face. I feel my insides turn in fear and then I think of the silver object I saw. That has to be the key to getting him back to normal.

He seems to take this as an opening and I'm hit square in the face. His fist is as hard as stone. I hear a solid crack and know my nose is broken. Blood runs down my face as the pain hits. I stagger forward and feel the cold iron caller tighten and pull me right back. I take a solid kick to the side my air is knocked out of me. I open my eyes,not knowing when I closed them, to see him leering over me. The throb in my ribs lets me know there is a bruise blooming under the skin.

Laughter fills the room and I find I already know who and where its coming from. Arson has watched the whole thing in great excitement. Dev looks around for the source finding noting he growls reaching for me. He grabs my arm pulling it behind my back pulling. My shoulder makes a popping sound and a scream leaves me the pain making me see darkness for a moment but I shake it off.

"Not Yet! Keep it together Raven!" I shout to myself. I use the only thing not in pain, my legs, to grab his and twist. His chaffs are between my thighs and I squeeze turning my hips as I do so. His weight is knocked out form under him and I take this moment to pounce. With my arm that's still functional I elbow him in the head wincing as I do so. He is fighting to get up from under me and I see it. Its shaped like that of a trinket music box wined key.

It seems like everything goes in slow motion as I reach for the Key. I see it turning in the back of his neck. Blood, fresh and dried, clusters and weeps from the wound the key keeps turning to raw meat. I reach and pull. He howls in my ear but I keep pulling. Hands grab my neck and squeeze tighter then even the caller did. I feel my lungs burning for air that they cant get. My vision gets foggy as I fight to stay awake. I hear movement from somewhere but I try to stay focused. I have to free him form this Curse or what ever the hell has him lost to me.

At last I feel his skin give way with a loud rip and then sweet air is filling my starved lungs. I fall back onto something hot and wet. Pain shoots across my head as my vision comes back full focus. Breathing deeply still gasping in air I feel soft hands at my neck and then a loud bang is heard by my head. I turn my sore neck to see the caller and chain by my face and worried olive green eyes looking me straight in the face. I hear a scream of anger form far off and know Arson is pissed.

"Can you move?" Allena asks me in a shy voice. I nod my head taking a deep breath and sitting up her soft hands help by pushing on my back lightly. My ribs protest greatly but I ignore them and focus instead on my shoulder that hangs at an odd angel. I touch it with timid shaky hands and find I still have nerve feeling. I take a deep breath and grab my bicep. With a quick pull forward and a twist inward I scream as it pops back in place. Allena is cowered from a bit but I smile at her.

"Nothing but a thing. I've had a few rounds lately."  tears well up in her eyes but she pulls me into her arms and holds me tightly. I wince at my pain but hold her back. I feel movement behind me and look over to see Dev. His eyes blink a few times and then they glow. He jumps up quick and I reach for my blade in a desperate attempt to defend my self. He stumbles for a moment then looks around the room as if he just woke up from a deep sleep. His back is to us and I pull Allena behind me. I draw my blade that glows softly in the light. I watch as blood runs thickly from the wound in his neck down his back. I look to the floor and see the Key. Its silver gears still turning.

"Raven! Allena!" he shouts and charges the door only to fall on his face. I look over to see Allena has tripped him with the chain. He rolls over and looks in our direction. His eyes take me in and then he is on me. His hands touch my broken nose softly then travel to the hand prints I know are now on my neck.

"Who? How did this happen?" I look from him to Allena. She shrugs her shoulders at me. He looks to her and then to the blood on her hands. This is something I didn't notice before.

"Allena. Where did that blood come from?" I ask her and she looks at me and then Dev then back again.

"When you were trying to take the Key from his neck I thought he was going to kill you so ran over and helped you pull the Key. When it came loose blood gushed and covered us both and then he fell forward beside you. " her voice wavers at first but gets stronger as she talks. Dev looks from me to Allena then to my neck and nose. Pain covers his handsome face as he relizes that he is the one that did this to me.

Before he can start to apologize I reach out and take the Key from the floor. I hand it to him and shake my head.

"You didn't do this to me. Arson did. He placed this Key into your neck and made you his puppet. This is all his doing and he will pay for it dearly." He looks at me and kiss him dead on the lips before he can say a  word.

"Don't argue with me. I want you to take Allena with you and find Slade and Clover. I sent them to free the others." He starts to shake his head but I kiss him again and hug him to me super tight.

"Its me that he wants and he will stop at nothing to get me. Please go. Ill be alright. I'm the Queen of our people am I not?" he growls at me kisses my lips hard.

"At least let me heal some of your wounds. I know I am the cause of many of them." at the start of my protest he pushes me down and lifts my armor exposing my bruised ribs. I find it odd that it doesn't burn him but push the thought down as I feel coolness against my skin.

"Your armor saved you form my full blow and that's a good thing or you'd have shattered ribs." I smile softly and shake my head.

"To bad I got the full blow in the face." he grumbles at me but bends down so low over me that I find my heart races. I feel his lips against the busies on my neck before he leans up and I feel his hands on my face. With a quick flick of his hands my nose I broke back in place and I cry out slightly.

"That should do it. I would heal you completely but that Key took so much from me. Almost took you too." I barely catch that last part as he stands and lifts me up. I feel a pinch in my side and neck and nose feels odd but I can function again. Allena comes and takes us both in her arms in a group hug. I break the hug quick and look at them both.

"Go you need to go. Before he tries to use you against me again." Dev looks at me and sees the weapons and knows I held back for his sake. I smile giving him one last kiss before I push them out into the hall beyond this hellish room.

"I love you both. I'll see you soon now go and find Clover and Slade. I can take care of Arson." At Allena's pulling Dev leaves me and I turn down a new hall feeling a slight ease in my heart that they are free as resume my search for Arson.