Chapter 10

I lean into Deliverance taking in his warmth. I find that my heart sings with joy and I shudder at how odd it is. He holds me close. The strength in his arms a soft comfort.

"So you've met him then" I feel his words whispered against my ear. I nod slowly closing my eyes tight at his ugly memory.

"I just. I just don't understand what he ment by when I come into my power. What power could he mean? Is there more that is gonna happen to me?" I lean away from him fighting the urge to pace.

"And why the hell he wants me to give him an hair when he has that creepy lady with red hair is beyond me. " I say breathing him in. The air arund is so full and thick of his scent I can feel him stiffen without touching him.

"What's wrong?" I lean in looking him in the face. He kisses my nose and touches my face. I feel him fighting to remain calm.

"My brother isn't the best by no means. " he sighs turnning his back on me looking at a statue of them laughing when they were young.

I realize what he said the full understaning of the pain his eyes betray his heart. My heart goes out to him. I want to wrap him in warmth and sooth him.

On the ither hand just knowing that man was his brother made me want to run for the hills and my old life. Wishing like mad Saber was here I touch his back softly.

"Deliverance what happened? " I ask when he says nothing else. Still keeping his back to me he keeps out a willowy breath.

"He used to not be this way. We were just your adverage boys playing rough getting dirty. Driving our mun and nannies mad but we knew they loved us." he pauses for a moment turning his head to the side. His two tones blue eyes started to glow.

"Things changed when I became sick at the age of fifteen. The doc said I was to die from a plague that had ripped through our kingdom." he places a hand the back of a bench his knuckles turning white.

"I was on my death bed only weeks to live fighting to stay alive for my brothers sake. I know it would kill him inside." I watch Devas face distort into one of such anger and pain I'm frozen in place.

"He told me he had a cure. He told me that he was going to do the retrial to bind us to life internal." He says starts to pace. With each step the air charges. The power rolls off him in huge waves. My skin tingels with it.

"It was something an old witch told him about. I begged him not to but it wasn't enough. He carried me to he witches cave in the darkest part if the forest." As he starts to tell the story I see our world dissolve away. Everything twisting becoming blurry as though Im under water.

My heart pounds at this odd world we travel to my feet touch the same stone walk of the huge castle court yard where the Scary lady took me.

The beautful court yard is longer bright and sunny but dull as if lit by candel light. I look around at the sound of laughter. Children's laughter. Following it to its source I see a very young Arson about six and even younger Deliverance about three playing and laughing in this very court yard.

Looking around I notice there was less statues. The garden beds aren't as full. Everything is still new and in top top shape. Looking back to the boys at play I feel my heart swell with love at their teasing. I watch as they grow as though they age before my eyes.

Arson becomes more toned and quick like a healthy ten year old. An eight year old Deliverance trying to keep up with his growing brother. Arson and him sword fight with wooden practice swords. A very stern man watching with swelling pride. His old features much like the boys. Has to be their father.