Chapter Seven: Be Patient

Be Patient

“Why am I doing this?” I questioned. “What will this accomplish?”

“It is none of your concern!” she snapped.

“It is to! If I am going to kill someone I need to know the reason why!”

“Trust me when I say this, that man in there is not a good one. He deserves the fate you are to bring upon him! Now go!”

The night’s darkness was slowly creeping in through the small village. I felt terrible, my stomach was going to empty it’s contents if I continued to hold the dagger in my hand any longer than I wanted to. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I slowly pulled the door open and stepped inside. The moon cast an errie glow upon the one roomed house.

In the corner was a man sound asleep in his bed while I tip-toed towards him. The echoing sounds of his snores grew louder. I fell to my knees silently and held the dagger above my head and took a deep breath before the blade went plumeting towards the already motionless body laying before me.

‘For Bae,’ I thought, as the dagger hit it’s target and the man shot his eyes open and guilt filled my heart. He tried to scream but was weak and his voice only a whisper as his soul left his body. The thing that terrified me the most was that my hands were still clamped around the blade, with his cold, dead hands gripping mine.

I cried silently and felt a hand on my shoulder, “Well done.”

“You’re a monster!” I cried.

“Yet you’re the one holding the dagger.”

“I did this because of you.”

“You did this because of your love for Baelfire.”

“I-I just want to make sure he’s okay.”

“Oh dear,” her voice was full of fake cheer. “He’ll never be okay.”

“You lied to me?” I shouted. I pulled the dagger out of the man and aimed it at her. “WHO is this man? TELL ME!”

I walked forwards and held the knife that was still aimed at her. “Him? Why the sudden interest? Slowly losing your feelings for Bae?”

“Oh do not bullshit me! Tell me who he is!”

“That man, he’s the wizard, known as Yen Sid, or Fantasia.”

“Fantasia? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It doesn’t MEAN anything. It’s just a name.”

“Why did you want me to kill him? Why didn’t you kill him yourself?”

“That my dear was only a test. The real reason will come soon.”

“The ‘real’ reason?”

“Be patient. Now that I KNOW you will do anything for Bae, I can put the plan into action. I will see you in time. Know this. I will ALWAYS be watching.”

With that she flew away and left me alone in the dark room with the now deceased Fantasia. My head spun with a million thoughts sweeping through. I stood up and slowly left the room, but not without leaving an already dying flower over his chest, and picking up a hexagonal box lined with gold and stars.

He didn’t need it now. It was all because of me. I slipped the box into my pocket and headed in the direction of the Tavern. I slipped through the doors and took a seat at an empty table to gather my thoughts.

What should I do? Running away was no longer an option not with the black fairy on my heels and Bae slowly dying. I couldn’t tell him, or else he’d kill himself right in front of me. I had no other choice than to help her. This insanity was killing me.

I knew I couldn’t trick her, the only person who knew anything about her was the dark one and he was busy doing who knew what in another realm. I wish I could somehow communicate with him, get advice. Someone interrupted my thoughts, by taking a seat across from me.

“Go away.” I demanded without even looking up.

“Sorry, just thought you might enjoy some company.”

I looked up and smiled, “Sorry Smee.” I shook my head. “I thought you were someone else. I really wasn’t in the mood for company.”

“I understand. Is it the cabin boy on your mind?”

“Something like that.” I stammered. “Hey, what do you know about the black fairy?”

“The black fairy?” he practically fell out of his seat. “I don’t think we should be talking about her...why what happened?”

“Nothing, I was just...curious. They say she’s powerful and dangerous and is walking this realm presently. I was just hoping I didn’t run into her.” I didn’t know how well Smee would fall for the worry kid act, but I tried.

“I don’t think you have to be worried, her business here has nothing to do with you. Rumor says that she’s planning on traveling to Neverland.”

“Neverland? You mean, it’s real?” there was a glint in his eyes that I could not shake.

“Yes, the place where time stands still, you never age, and all your dreams come true. Most people say it’s nothing but a myth, but I know for a fact it’s real.”

“How are you so sure?”

“I’ve been there before.” his voice was now a whisper as he turned to see if anyone was listening to him. “She’s going there to work with Pan to overthrow the realms. I just hope she has quarter on us…”

My heart sank. How was I the key to this evil plot? What could I possibly do to oversee this plan? “Is it? Is it a- uh- curse they’re planning?”

“It is. They need something special, well someone.”

“Oh.” I sighed. It made sense now, I was that someone they needed, the only thing I needed to figure out was why I was so special. That and how did she find me and know to use Baelfire against me? This was turning out to be one screwed up night.