Chapter Two: Baelfire?

Baelfire?

I should have been overjoyed that I had won, but something inside me didn't feel right. I didn't win, at least not on my own, he had LET me win. To me, that was way worse than being killed. He was mocking me, he thought I couldn't do it on my own. Then again, WHY would he even want me to stay here? Was it so he could continue to mock me?

Hook took one step after another, while the crew began to clap in unison slowly. "Well, well, well. I must say that I'm impressed." my breath began to slow, and I began to lower the swords. I never once looked away from Bae's eyes, that were covered in sweat dripped hair.

"I can honestly say, I didn't believe you had it in you..." Hook rolled on the pause waiting for a name as an answer.

"I have many names, most call me Theif. Others by the name that was given to me at birth, Terran. While most of the others call me by names that wouldn't be appropriate for young ears." I snickered, still watching Bae.

The swords weren't completely removed from his neck, just enough for him to continue to breath. His expression changed to a smile and he laughed slightly.

"Well then, Miss Terran, welcome aboard the Jolly Roger!" Hook smiled and the crew cheered, it seemed forced but I didn't question it.

I turned my attention to the crew behind me, smiles, welcoming me. I still didn't lower the blades, but I knew Bae wasn't uncomfortable, it seemed he had been in this position quite a few times. He knew how to get out of it, just like me.

I wasn't focused on him though, I was laughing along with the crew as some filled their glasses with beer, and others took out their canteens and drank the bitter taste of rum. I felt Bae shift underneath me, and I didn't move, I knew he was gone.

Then, I felt a hand on my waist. I turned defensively, and found a smiling Bae still under the control of the swords. "What?" he questioned.

"Remove your hand." I shot back at him, quietly but forceful.

"How about, you remove the blades, then I'll remove my hand."

I was in discomfort so I had no other choice but to drop the blades. He removed his hand, like he said he would, but then grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the crew. He took me below deck and I began to freak out a bit, wondering what he was doing.

"Don't worry," he laughed, as he most likely felt my hand tense up. "I'm not going to be a bad boy, I was just showing you where you'd be staying for the night."

I sighed with relief, and he released my hand. I looked out at the small window that was in there, the sun was about set now and the cool of night began to chill the room. It was better than the heat, I had to admit it. It was more of a storage compartment that I could tell. Bags of potatoes and barrels of rum scattered underneath the bench and along the wall. It smelt like wet hay, and dust.

"Well, if you want to get settled in, I'm going to go clean up my cheek." he smirked, I bet he didn't care what I did or didn't do. He would be fine either way.

"Yeah, sure." I shot back, as he walked up the ladder/steps, and I fell back onto the wooden seat that was now my bed, "Wait!"

He poked his head back down confused. "What?"

"Let me help with you that."

"I can take care of myself you know."

"Just sit down," I added forcefully. "Please."

He smirked and shook his head, wondering to himself why he was coming back down. "Alright fine," he agreed, sitting on the bench opposite of mine.

I pulled a stool to the edge of the bench, before setting a candle next to him and lighting it. It was going to be dark soon, and I didn't know how long he would be here for. I ripped a piece of burlap off a bag of potatoes and used it as a rag. I dipped the end in a barrel of water before sitting down.