Final Five... Make that Four

Foxface's POV

According to my estimates, there were only five people left in the games. Rue, Thresh, Brutus, Snow and me. I creep around the corner, holding my breath in case anyone's waiting for an innocent soul to come walking by. But the hallway was empty, completely silent. I walk down the hall, keeping my eyes out for any signs of danger. A door slowly opens and I stop dead in my tracks.

The door slides open and Coin stomps out. She swears as she marches down the hallway, but luckily doesn't see me. I sigh in relief and continued my trip down the hall. I pass doors as I walk, I feel like one of them is gonna open and show the face of my attacker.

I reach the end of the hall and look around. It's a room, like an actual bedroom. With no door. Hm, is there such thing as door-o-phobia? A chair sits in the corner of the room; the back of the soft looking seat was facing me. I creep around the edge of the room, trying to see if anyone in the chair.

To my relief I see nobody's in the chair. The smell of roses hits me like a wall. I still wasn't alone.

"Hello there, dear," Snows venomous voice purrs from behind me. I slowly turn to see the old man's snake like eyes glaring at me. He smirks at me. I feel my pulse quicken, a million possibilities cross my mind, none of them good. "How are you this fine evening?"

I just stare at him. He takes a step closer to me. I'm losing it. What does Snow have? If I can take him down with me, then I'll be happy. He has...  He has, um... Wait, didn't he kill somebody? Oh crap!

"It's very rude to stare." Snow crept closer. I felt my thoughts swarm together. He reached for me, my pulse skyrocketed. He wouldn't do anything, would he? Before I could come up with an answer I scream. I black out.

Rue's POV

Thresh and I sit in the cafeteria. We eat some groosling, which is a hen that roams along in our district. Thresh's silent though deadly, so I end up talking most of the meal. I stroke Fluffy as I eat.

As we stand to go walk around the hospital, Lavinia runs in balancing three boxes in her arms. Thresh gives her an odd look as she drops the boxes in front of us. She nods at us before running off.

"Well that was weird." Thresh says in his soft voice. I nod in agreement, walking over and looking at the boxes.

One box was addressed to me, one to Thresh, and the other had both our names on it. I picked up my box first, and pulled it open. I picked up the note and read it.

"Dear Rue, and nurse (@ncisalex) has decided to give you the items enclosed. Good luck. From Boggs." I read, pulling items out of the box. There was a light pink dress, a couple apples, a ring of about ten keys, some pills that were prescribed to schizophrenic people, and a box of cookies. Thresh picked up his box and ripped the top off. He began to read the note.

"Hi Thresh. One of the patients (@Katniss1) wants to sponsor you. She started to randomly begin screaming before she could say what she wanted to give you, so we gave you whatever we could find. Okay, bye. ~Boggs" Thresh read, and I think it was the most I'd ever heard him speak before. He began pulling items out of the box. A syringe of yellow liquid, a small bottle of pills, and a t-shirt. He seemed happy with his new objects, and began to observe the syringe. I pulled out the last note.

"~DOUBLE SPONSOR~ a patient (@KatnissBaez) has decided to sponsor the two of you. She has requested giving the items in the box to you guys. Good luck. ~Boggs" I read. I opened the box, and pulled out a rubber bat that Thresh immediately grabbed, and some more cookies.

A scream sounds from down the hall, and me and Thresh tense. I hold Fluffy close to me. Insane laughter sounds from where the scream came from. Snow.

I thought the threat was him, but I was so wrong. A low laugh comes from behind us. We whip around, me clutching the koala to my chest. There stands something not as quite as scary as Snow.

Brutus.

A/N: Thank you to the following people: KatnissBaez, Katniss1, and ncisalex for sponsoring. Now, I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news first: This story will be coming to a close soon enough. There'll be one more chapter with sponsoring, then a finale. Good news next: After this story ends I'll be writing more HG fan-fics. I've already got one planned, and another idea. So, ya. thnx~Montey