VI

Adara POV

"Explain", I got straight to point putting a good amount of distance between us and challenging myself to stare him in the eyes.

"Well, eager?", He teased raising an eyebrow and I narrowed my eyes, who only raises one eyebrow?

"Just explain it to me, slowly and clearly because I've had enough confusion today. What the hell is wrong with me?", I sighed my arms falling and his facial expressions softened up.

"Okay, Adara you obviously know by now that you're 'The girl with the flames'", he said in a mock tone making air quotes at the silly nickname and this time I raised my eyebrows at him for what seemed like the hundredth time today and snorted. 

"Hold on a second-"

"I've been going to this school for years now just like you have and I just now noticed you have powers. What happened? Did you stop hiding them? Lose control?" He diverted the focus of the conversation and started feeding his own curiosity, looks like I'm not the only one who had questions.

"You hold up for a second- What the fuck are you talking about?", I laughed.

"Your mom never told you the stories?", He said.

"I asked you not to confuse me more and right now you're talking about ten different things. Sorry not sorry, but I never noticed you until today and I haven't been this way until- uh yeah, this morning!"

That made Michael shake his head, like a sudden jolt of confusion hit him in the face and he squinted, while he was deep in thought I continued to answer his questions. The opposite of what I wanted to do while he was here. Answer his stupid questions. I had plenty of stupid questions myself. 

"The only stories I was hearing when I was little was how she pulled out a tumor the size of a baseball out of this guys head", I said crossing my arms not getting where he was going with this. He looked more confused than me right now and I waved my arms at him. 

"Hello, pretty boy? Where'd you go?"

"Your mom isn't like you?", He said and once again I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't even know what I am!", I yelled regretting even bringing him into this, maybe I should have just kept it to myself.

"Do you even actually know anything or are you as just as confused as I am?", I questioned and I wondered if this guy was just as new to this as I was maybe they just had a line of teenage students they were experimenting on.

I laughed at the thought.

"All I know is that I woke up all dirty like I had just rolled down a hill and now I keep having flashbacks from a stupid nightmare I'm starting to think actually happened and I just- I don't know", I said running my fingers through my hair and looking down at my nails that still had dirt under them because I didn't have time to shower.

"What about your dad", He asked and I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed.

"He's at work?", I said shaking my head and putting my hand out in front of me in confusion.

"I didn't invite you into my house so we could mingle with my parents", I said checking the time at the sudden thought of my mom coming home in the middle of this.

"If you weren't fire born how are-", Michael thought out loud.

"Fire born?",  I questioned.

I was actually adopted, my parents didn't know that I know. It was never a big deal to me until now, does I being adopted having anything to do with this? 

Maybe my dream was actually a dream, is that wishful thinking?

"That heat you feel, it's fire, you can control and create it, I am like you but with ice, we were created way back in the day by some scientists and at one point, somehow, it became genetic and was passed down through the generations, both my mom and dad were like me so I was born like this, but you're different, you're acting like you just got your powers yesterday which makes no sense because you can almost control it like you've had it since you were a baby", he said. 

My eyes widened in surprise and I nodded.

"Ummm", I said still trying to find something to say.

"So I'm born with it?"

"You couldn't be if your parents are normal, it's a recessive gene", He shrugged 

"So what you're saying is, I did get kidnapped by mad scientist"

"I never said that"

I nodded and pouted my lips and I decided my adoption status should be a secret, for now, I still don't really know who this guy is.

I made a mental note to do some research, I had never been more curious about where I came from until now.

"You need to learn how to control it when you get angry", He said filling the silence that I hadn't realized was there.

"Because that seems to obviously be a big problem here", He said just completely dropping the fact that neither he nor I know how the hell I got this way.

"Control it?", I asked and he nodded.

"I don't even know what there is to control"

"There's been one person that got so strong he could surface the earth's core and destroy everyone that walks on the planet", He added as a matter fact and my eyes widened. Why would he say that to me!

"If he wanted too of course", He laughed.

"How is that funny", I yelled.

"How the fuck will I know if I can control this! What if I get mad at a teacher and end up burning the school down!", I yelled raising my arms in the air making him laugh harder.

"I'm sure a girl that just realized she has powers yesterday is not nearly that strong", He said and I sighed.

"You have managed to answer zero of my questions", I concluded.

Michael shrugged then there was silence.

"Maybe you were adopted"