IV

Adara POV

I walked into the gym and walked straight into the girls changing room, my head spinning and my eyes glued to the floor.

What if he was like me? I asked myself like I knew what that even means.

I pulled on a pair of sweats followed by a wrinkled gym shirt I pulled out from the bottom of my bag that I had to pick off a gum wrapper and shattered piece of an old cough drop from before I pulled it over my head.

His stupid green eyes never left my stupid mind and I took it out on my clothes while stuffed them into the tiny gym locker.

Stupid.

What the hell is happening to my life?

I dragged my feet while I walked out the girl's locker room hugging my arms against my stomachs only to see a large volleyball net set up to make my mood drop even more.

I hated gym, it's not like I wasn't athletic, surprisingly I got rid of all my energy by playing sports, but I still hated gym.

I kneeled down and tied my shoe while looking around the gym looking for anyone that I could latch onto for this class, I hated being alone in gym instead my shoulders fell when I saw Michael.

I was never good at handling things that confused me so I practically ran away from him after all that happened in the hallway.

He smirked at me when he caught my eyes and stared back at me and that's when I realized I was indeed staring, I tried my best to make it look like I was casually looking away to finish off my shoe bow and standing up while brushing the dust from the floor off my butt.

I felt the urge to explain to him that the only reason I was staring was that he touched me and I felt like I would spontaneously vomit ice cubes. The loud whistle from the gym teacher not only made me jump out of my skin but pushed me back into the real world.

The normal real world where I go to Algebra and try to befriend perky girls who wear yellow and orange or stare at hot boys back muscles and am forced to take gym- no evil scientists.

"We are playing volleyball today, Girls against boys to be exact", The gym teacher shouted and I rolled my eyes, since when do they let boys play against girls? that doesn't happen, why is that happening?

All the boys in the Gym cheered high fiving their friends about easy wins and I think I tuned out and groaned when I heard something about girls in shorts.

I love volleyball, and maybe with this whole 'what the fuck is wrong with me' situation will push me off my game, but I still needed to get rid of this frustration.

Plus I need the grade.

"Anyway", The gym teacher continued

"Boys against girls, five girls on the left side five boys on the right.", The gym teacher finished her speech and she grabbed a volleyball.

Everyone would eventually have to play at least once so I decided to get it over with and I jogged up to the net taking one of the five spots before anyone else could, I just need the grade.

I looked around and sighed in relief when I saw Michael was sitting this round out. I cracked my knuckles and breathed a sigh of relief- I can throw it, let's the boys win, and get the participation grade. I shouldn't have celebrated so soon because as soon as I made two-second sweeping eye contact with Michael he acknowledged my presence in the game and walked up to one of the guy and took his spot.

Just need the grade. Just need the grade.

I stood in the center of the court, which actually never gets the ball because most people suck and can't hit the ball straight.