XXV

Adara POV

Ha ha.

"Just kill me now", I said looking up at the decorated ceiling, rolling my eyes and then meeting with his letting my body slouch and crossing my arms.

"That's no way to talk the master now is it?", he said.

I held back a laugh at the word.

"The people you sent out to kill us seemed to be... scarier?", I said tilting my head.

"They're called my people for a reason, their job is to be scary", He said.

"Now, let me give you a tour of the place", He said leading the way again and I lazily rotated my body on the heel of my foot following him.

He obviously saw himself as dominant person, but he didn't seem scary, all of his little minions seemed to always act intimidating, but him, it was like he acted nice on purpose, which now that I think about, makes him just as intimidating, if not more intimidating.

"This is where they train", he said and I raised my eyebrows as I looked around the field he lead me to.

"Do you like the people you.... work, with", I questioned watching people fight, swinging swords back and fourth.

"I am not here to be their friends", He said.

I didn't question him, I didn't want to push, I knew better, I would have to get answers for myself.

"Why swords? why not guns? arrows?", I smiled fixing my hair and then crossing my arms.

"Sometimes being old fashioned is, refreshing", He said pausing to look around before he spoke the last word.

There was something off about him, he stood tall, but it seemed like he was constantly questioning himself on the inside.

I didn't feel anything when I was near him, just a large ego, no power to back up anything he could threaten me with.

"How long have you've been doing this", I thought through each word before saying them.

"Long enough to know what my goal is", He snapped.

Did I hit a nerve?

"What do I have to do with it?", I said following him back inside.

I'm just trying to get my parents back.

"Now why would I tell you", He said turning around so fast I almost ran into his chest, I put my hands in front of me to make sure I wouldn't run into him face first which made him grab both my wrists out of defense and squeeze so hard it made my arms quake.

Paranoid much?

"Because I'll say please?", I joked and he smirked.

"Why would I give up my plan to the enemy?", He said tightening the grip on wrist like he had something to prove and his face was an inch away from mine- I held my breath, not because I'm nervous but because my breath might stink.

I know exactly what he's doing but I'm not some weak minded girl who melts into the arms of first good looking guy to treat her nice.

Also- he just kidnapped me?

"When did I become the enemy?", I said in a voice a little over a whisper slowly sliding my hands out of his grip. I could be in Algebra class right now.

I did kill a bunch of them.

"You're not"

I raised an eyebrows.