IX

Adara POV

I had to force myself to leave the safe and comfortable space of the shower.

It took me two minutes to slowly creep out the bathroom, I did not want to get caught in a towel by Michael, I slipped on the same sweaty underwear and bra, you gotta do what you gotta do.

The only thing I changed was the sweat shirt I stole after shuffling through all of his drawers, the only sweatshirt I could find I might add, how could he not have more sweat shirts I had thousands of them.

I had left the hair dye in way too long so my hair was now a jet black and it looked darker only because it was wet, but I had no doubt it would still be just as dark when it dried. I sat down on his bed and a little notecard on his pillow with scribbled writing on it caught my attention, I plopped on my back and looked at the card with squinted eyes. 

"Went to the store- also to get my car"

-M

Sighing I brushed my wet hair out around me so it spread out on his pillow instead of making the back of my neck itch.

I always wanted to go out on an adventure, but not when someone would be constantly chasing after us. This felt temporary, but somehow I knew it wouldn't be.  I wondered how many times Michael had to move to different schools? He made it sound like he had been here for a while. Did I ruin this for him? Was he finally comfortable and then I showed up out of control and in need of help?

Maybe this will be fun?

It would have been better if I could have been stuck with anyone, but Michael, the thought of him made me roll my eyes. At least he wasn't ugly.

I turned my head and looked at the clock, already 10 o'clock, my parents should be home by now and were probably worried.

I wonder if Michael lived with his parents. He did say they were both like him, the thought of his parents seeing me on his bed in his sweatshirt made me cringe.

I heaved my self off the bed and crawled over to the door contemplating whether to lock it or not, instead I just hugged my knees to my chest and squished my cheeks against them.

My phone was probably sitting on the kitchen table and if I were to see my parents today they would be pissed. Now the only thing on my mind was having to go somewhere with out my phone.

I'll never beat my high score on pac-man, I love pac-man.

I shut my eyes in an attempt to clear my head, but my head continued to swirl with thoughts going in a million different directions.

My feet were going numb so I crawled back into his bed, everything smelled so clean and I just took in a moment to enjoy the scent.

I wasn't asleep, I wouldn't be able to sleep even if I tried. I heard the front door open and then slam shut so I sat up from laying in his bed and just as I did Michael walked into the room with grocery bags in his hands.

"Holy shit- your hair", He said and I nodded with puckered lips, gee thanks.

"Left it in for too long", I laughed picking up a strand of now damp hair and rolling it around between my finger tips.

"We have to drop by your place to get some of your stuff.", He said and I didn't bother questioning him, I had concluded by myself that we would have to leave. I hoped these people weren't really as dangerous as he was making them out to be. Somehow I knew deep down that they were.