XVI

A/N

SO many things are changing rn and I'm excited.

Adara POV

The room fell silent and after a long pause and a look of disbelief on everyone's faces Ashton pulled me into his body and hugged me, my arms were swinging out to the sides oddly and I squirmed my face contorting.

I was extremely confused and I awkwardly wrapped my arms around his large torso to avoid the awkward dangling of my arms.

"Uhhh", I said and Ashton pulled away and laughed, my arms were loosely hooked around him so when his body left suddenly my arms swung down.

"I'm sorry, it just I finally found you", he said and I raised my eyebrows at him, thanks for the very detailed and specific explanation.

"Well, I guess you found me!" He looked around my face.

"Wow- I can't believe it," he rubbed his chin and laughed.

"Are you like-?"

"Your brother", he said with a nod and I wasn't going to say anything like that, at all, I was expecting long lost cousin maybe even an adopted cousin.

I choked on my saliva at the sound of the word and coughed until I managed to swallow hard and look up at him.

"You're what?!", Caleb yelled.

"His what?!", Michael yelled.

"Her what?!", Caleb continued.

"MY WHAT?!", I yelled, throwing my arms in the air towards Ashton.

"Wait- you're adopted?", Luke said a beat behind on this whole situation.

"I'm Ashton Irwin"

"You're Adara Irwin"

"Our Mom and dad", Ashton said making hand motions that would be considered vulgar to any dirty minded person and I held my hand up and shut my eyes-

"I get it", I said.

"But- how?", I asked opening my eyes and slowly crossing my arms in my weird defensive way.

"Does that mean she is fire born?", Michael asked wanting to clear up this whole 'what am I' situation as much as I do and Ashton shook his head.

"Not exactly"

"Come with me", he said snapping his fingers against his palm motioning to follow him and we all followed him into a hidden staircase behind a bookshelf and he entered a key code for it to open. Whatever he's trying to keep hidden he's not doing a very good job, because a bookcase? How predictable.

"Come on", he said as a door opened into an area full of different areas, very detailed descriptions here.

One section full of books, others full of test tubes and medicine bottles and it could go on forever. This was a full on evil laboratory, a total cop show set up. 

I struggled to keep up with the long strides the boys were taking while I also tried to look around at everything, there was so much.

There were a few people scattered around in lab coats and goggles and Ashton grabbed his white coat and swung it around pushing his arms into it then patted one guy working in the lab on the back acknowledging him like he was a friend while he made his way over to a large bookshelf, pulling out a few books.

I was expecting another hidden area to open up, but the only thing opening was the book, he began reading it and my shoulders fell in disappointment.