XXIX

A/n

Short and sweet :)

Adara POV

As soon as the door shut behind her I heaved then ran into the walled-off corner where a metal toilet was and vomited- I stopped to catch my breath, but when I saw my dirty hand I heaved again and vomited bitter bile. I sobbed when I flushed the toilet hen spat into it while I wiped my hand with a wad of rough toilet paper. 

I dropped my head back and sighed.

"Here," Calum was standing behind me when I turned around, holding out a plastic cup of water.

I gulped a mouthful and heaved in my mouth after I swallowed the warm water.

"Are you okay?" Michael cringed and I just shook my head and put my head between my knees.

Stuck in a room basically bursting at the seams with the smell of gasoline was a new definition of torture.

No one touched their food, stale bread and a pile of slop wouldn't help the turning in my stomach.

"Why is she doing this?", I wondered standing up to stretch my legs and lifting my arms above my head, I made a face while my bones cracked and slapped my lips together in disgust at the taste of vomit on my tongue. 

"Mirage was always for experiments", Oliver said standing up and I took a step back sitting down again next to Michael, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"We shouldn't even listen to him, he could be working with her", Michael scoffed scooting closer to me and Oliver rolled his eyes.

"Get over it, I'm the one in here with you", Oliver shot back.

They're like children.

"Her whole signature is she tries to find your weaknesses, so even though she's human she could have the advantage", Oliver said.

"What weaknesses?", I asked and Michael nudged me, but I ignored him.

Oliver smirked and I narrowed my eyes, he better stop pushing it.

"You need oxygen to make fire right? Take away oxygen and there's no fire", Oliver said.

"That's terrifying"

He nodded.

"Fire needs fuel to ignite", I thought out loud.

There was a pause.

"What is the fuel?", I asked.

"Mirage doesn't care about that, you only need to take away one thing to take out a flame."

"I feel like the fuel is your emotion, your humanity, your fuel is you, what makes you mad and sad fuels you. Normally you take away the fuel and the fire goes out, but there's nothing normal about your powers so instead of having no fire you have an uncontrollable one", He said.

That makes no sense.

Maybe it does.

Maybe I'm just afraid of it being true.

"She also put you, an unstable girl with fire powers stronger than I've ever seen, in a room soaked with gasoline with the people you care about lined up along the wall in front of you if that's not a genius way to keep you in check-

"We get it," Calum said to him staring at him with hard eyes and I groaned.

If my humanity does go away each time she merges me does that mean I'll go batshit crazy and kill all the boys anyway by setting the whole place on fire.