XXIV

Adara POV

"Now no one has to get hurt if you just give us the girl", One guy said while cracking his knuckles and- that wasn't intimidating at all.

"God dammit- why can't they just give up!?", I said under my breath to no one and no one responded because everyone was just kind of staring each other down, it was weird.

"Make it easy on you, boss demands we have the girl in our possession and we won't kill unless someone is in the way of our mission", The man said with a shrug and I raised my eyebrows. Since when do they not want to kill us- something was weird. No way these were the same guys back at the apartment.

We could fight, but those odds were hilarious because of how out numbered we are, I couldn't live with my self if the boys died trying to protect me.

And they still have my parents.

Unless it was the other guys that took my parent- I ran my hand through my hair, this was too much.

Where ever they would take me I would rather go as gently as it can than have the boys I've grown fond of-shed blood.

I made a fist with my hand in no way liking my options.

I was about to make the stupidest decision in my life and pushed back tears because I would leaving without a goodbye.

I should have kissed Michael.

A stupid goodbye was on my mind out of all things.

I squeezed Calum's hand and looked up at him and it's like he knew, he knew what I thinking and he shook his no, turning his hands around so they gripped on tighter. I just shook my head yes silently telling him this is what I must do.

Calum nodded with tight lips and quickly kissed my hand.

"I should have ran away with you when I had the chance," Calum whispered and I looked away- knowing if I looked longer I would never be able to walk away. Calum made me selfish.

I looked over at Michael who was having a silent conversation with Ashton.

"Well I guess we have to kill you then", the man said with a teasing smirk and I watched Michael's jaw clench, probably in fear, his adrenaline would only take him so far before he would get killed.

At this moment Michael wasn't even really looking at me he was too focused on fighting, his biggest flaw but also his greatest strength.

With the thought of being able to never see Michael again my body ignited and when one the guys shot fire towards us, I sucked in a quick breath and manipulated it in the air with my mind- I felt the weight of fire on my chest and my knees buckled- I had never done it before and it happened so quick, as quick as I could squint my eyes and the fire soared in the sky then fell into a ring of fire around us.

That alone had me panting.

I mean he looked confused, but no where near as scared as I wanted him to be. I wasn't expecting him to run- maybe ease up a bit. I let out a hollow breath while I slipped passed Michael and started to walked through the fire where he couldn't chase after me.

It took him a second to snap out his jaw clenching anger and realize I had slipped away from him.

"Wait wha-? Adara? Adara!!", Michael screamed after me, but I know Calum held him back- because that's what I would want.