XV

Adara POV

After the boys pulled over they started driving again, I didn't know how long I could pull off this fake sleeping thing and I was about to fake wake up because I started to need to pee, but then they started to talk about this Ashton guy again, I can probably hold it.

"Maybe she was born this way, but was like injected with something else", Calum suggested and the memory of a dark red liquid oozing into my veins was vividly passing through my head and I clenched my hand into a fist my body heating up once again.

I'm sure by now I was perfectly fine, but just by listening to them I kept heating up, maybe I was was still just a little sensitive.

Then I felt Michael's cold hand on my forehead, I fought everything inside me telling me to flinch away.

"She should be getting better by now", Michael said obviously sounding worried and his cold hand was borderline annoying, it made my forehead tingle and I didn't like it.

"She'll be fine, when it happened to me I was like that for a whole day", Calum commented.

"I thought Adara wasn't born with it", Calum brought up again after a short pause.

"She wasn't, I could tell with how clueless she was", Michael said with a laugh.

"Anyway-" Luke said with a mouth full of food.

"He'll take her blood to see how she got like this", Luke said like he was concluding this conversation.

Needles and the need for my blood seemed to be the trend here and the thought of someone actually taking it made me worry.

What if Ashton was this lord all these bad guys are talking about.

What if this whole scenario was set up to get me to the lord unharmed, what if Michael was a spy.

I almost laughed, Michael a spy?

My mom did always say being a little paranoid isn't a bad thing.

My body was getting way to hot, I didn't want to go to Ashton, I wanted to go home and eat dinner with my mom and dad then watch Worst Cooks in America on Netflix.

I felt Michael's hand touch my forehead for a second before he pulled it away quickly.

"Ow- fuck", He cursed, I didn't want his hand there anyway.

"Guys"

"She's getting really hot pull over", Michael said and I pulled my eyebrows together not understanding why we had to pull over now when I've been in and out of his state for the past hours.

As soon as the car jerked to a stop and the engine seemed to cut off, my eyes shot open.

I pushed open the door and stumbled out backing away from the car. I watched the three boys get out and I backed up more with each step they took.

"Adara what are you doing?", Michael asked trying to get closer to me, but I put my hand out in front of me, just wanting him to keep his distance until everything was cleared up, but fire ignited in front of him and I pulled my hands against my chest and let out a shaky breath.

Oops.

"What do you want from me?", I questioned instead of answering.

"Who the hell is this Ashton guy anyway! Why the hell does he need my blood!", I yelled my voice hoarse and I silently cleared my throat.

"How long were you awake?", Calum yelled back.

"Long enough", I answered having to raise my voice because of the distance I managed to accumulate between us.