XIX

Adara POV

My head nodded forward and my eyes shot open, I slurped the drool on the corner of my mouth and looked around I was in some dungeon- what the hell is up with this medieval shit?

I moved my hands and looked up to see them chained, the metal dug into the skin on my wrists and I huffed, blowing hair out of my face and licking my lips. I grunted trying to heat my body up to burn or melt through the chain but nothing happened.

"Don't even try- it won't work", I heard someone say and my eyes widened in shock looking around to see a beaten and bloody Calum with his hands around his back with a beaten and bloody Michael sitting with his back pressed against Calum's.

Luke was against the wall not even bothering to attempt to speak he looked like he had just taken a beaten and I tried to angle my head to get a look at his face with no success.

"Thank god", I breathed out, relieved to see them, but at the same time wishing they weren't with me.

"Where's A-

The gods must be listening today because the door swung open and a even more beaten looking Ashton was pushed into the room and onto the ground, where Michael began to whisper to him asking if he was okay.

"I'll be back for you", he said pointing to me and my eyes widened in horror, I just woke up and I'm already half way out the door to a beating. I tried to move my tied feet.

"No fair, your feet aren't tied", I said looking at their untied feet in frustration.

"And these chains hurt", I began to complain looking at their roped hands.

"No time for any of that", Ashton grunted in pain.

"They want to know why your blood samples aren't working", he said I looked at him confused.

"Blood sample?", I said so they took my blood while I was unconscious?

That's creepy.

"Your blood, they need it to recreate you- we already went over this, anyway, it's not working because I injected you with something", Ashton said.

How does something make a blood sample just "not work"?

"How does that work?", I said seriously curious.

"That doesn't matter- They'll be back to get another sample, but it still won't work, but they won't figure it out until after we have escaped- hopefully", Ashton whispered obviously having had devised a plan in the time that he was conscious.

"Why are you so beat up?", I asked after a pause of me looking over his face, worried, shuffling my fingers around in the cramped space in the cuffs.

"Because they were trying to beat the answer out of me", Ashton said spitting blood from his mouth out onto the metal floor and my face fell.

"It's not because of you-", he began to lie, but a large man walked into the room and I didn't even try to fight him off I was too weak and it was no use. My arms were sore and my ass was throbbing.

I sat still, ready to cooperate hoping this would lessen any pain he would cause me, but his beefy hand gripped around my neck using it to control how the rest of my body moved, choking me harder when I instinctually craned my neck away and gasped. He then nuzzled his elbow under my arm to extend it at a very unnatural angle before sticking a needle into my arm, the needle going into my arm was the most gentle thing he'd done to me in that short time. He threw me to the ground after he'd finished, cradling the vile to his chest and leaving me to cough and gasp for air not even being able hold my throbbing arm because of my chained limbs.