XXI

Adara POV

I didn't really know where I was going until I stopped at a red light and recognized a Starbucks I've gone to before and smiled thinking about my parents.

My parents.

I couldn't go home.

Could I?

I mean the boys never really told me not too.

I decided to just stop by Starbucks to just think and when I walked in I was glad not to see anyone from school, but I still received a few looks.

What day was it?

I ordered a coffee and sat down taking advantage of the wifi and a power cord charging my phone until it finally turned on.

My phone was spammed with texts from friends and my parents and when I read through them I felt a certain relief from knowing they told me they wouldn't call the police.

They had texted me everyday for the time I was gone, one text almost every hour.

Oddly they hadn't texted me at all today, maybe they just gave up.

I did tell them not to worry.

I sighed finishing off my drink and tossing away the cup waving to the worker as I exited making my way down the rode again heading towards my house.

I drove by my school on the way and I guess it was a school day during school hours because parking lot was packed, but the hallways were empty.

It's like I was going down memory lane.

I pulled up in front of my house and both my parents cars were in the drive way which confused me, my parents should be at work if it's a week day.

I checked my phone to see what time it was just to double check, maybe their schedule changed?

I decided against taking the front door, well I didn't even have a key so I couldn't enter through any door so I swung my bag around my back and started to climb up the tree and into my room.

It was completely untouched expect for the letter that I had left was gone and my door was open, I let out a sigh.

I was finally back in familiar territory and my bed was calling my name- loud. I forced myself to ignore it and grabbed a few more things that I didn't get a chance to get last time because of the rush and then continued to look around the second floor.

"Hello?", I said again opening my parents room to see the bed unmade and my dad's coffee on the table, I grabbed it- the outside was cold so I dipped my finger into it.

It was cold, the edges crusted with coffee of where his lips would touch it.

"Dad!", I yelled.

No answer.

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen to see a bowl sitting upside down on the kitchen floor and grapes scattered everywhere, right near a shattered glass.

"Mom?!", I shouted running through the kitchen and into the family room and I stumbled back in horror.

Written in red, was one word.

revenge

My hand went to my mouth and I looked away, I supported my body against the wall and stood there in shock.

I knew I never should've left them.

I turned around and walked closer to the word written in red on the wall, it was dried and the finger prints along the word made my heart clench with anger and my stomach turn.

How long have they been gone?

I took a step back putting the back of my hand to my mouth attempting to stop myself from vomiting.

This was never going to end. No matter how far I ran or how many people I shut out I was never going to escape this.

I sat down in the kitchen with my back to the fridge and looked up at the ceiling. I grabbed a grape off the floor and stared at it for a while before popping it into my mouth and getting off my ass and out the house hoping and praying no one saw me leave or enter.

Looking back only once, I swung my leg over the motor cycle I borrowed and drove away.

My body was heating up and I was now hunting, hunting for the sick son of a bitches who took my parents, I didn't care at this point if I was safe or not, I would fight, kill and torture if it meant getting them back.

But first- what the hell do I do with myself?
-

-

-

Michael POV

"All black". I said as I walked out the bathroom shaking my hair and taking the ice pack from Calum's outreached hand and pressing it on my cheek.

A peace offering, we never fought long. If our fights were drawn out we wouldn't have been friends for this long.

"Brings back memories", Calum said while he iced his jaw.

"I was like 16", I said back messily styling my hair and dropping my body on the couch next to Luke.

"My phone died and Adara has the only charger", Luke groaned and I sighed at the thought of Adara.

"Oh shit, sorry mate."

"Please don't punch Calum again"

"Nah- you're good- we're good, do you think she's okay?", I asked and Ashton walked back into the room carrying our bags and dropping them before taking a seat on a stool.

"I don't know, I mean who knows what can happen"

"I should have gone after her"

"You did", Luke said.

"Yah just to kiss her, I just let her go after", I said and Luke patted me on my back.

"You kissed her?"

"Not now Calum, we don't have time for your weird love triangle," Ashton scolded looking down at his watch.

"Maybe she'll come back?", Luke said hopefully standing up and grabbing his bag.

She'd said she wouldn't...

"Even if she does, we won't be here", Ashton said looking at me apologetically.

"We have to go", Ashton said looking down at his watch and I let out one harsh breath before grabbing my bag and shutting the door behind me.

Maybe one day we'll meet by mistake again.

"Where are going anyway?", I asked stuffing my bag in the car under my feet.

"Where ever the road takes us", Ashton said while he was getting comfy in the driver's seat.

Maybe.

We were driving for ages, laughing, sleeping, stopping every now and then to piss or buy food, we would switch in and out of the driver's seat after someone would get tired and when we were all too tired to even hold out heads up we finally decided to stop at a cheap motel.

Something I had gotten used to.

"Room for four", I said to the extremely unamused looking girl sitting behind the counter.

She popped her gum before typing something into the computer, she looked back up at me, looking me up and down before saying something.

"We have a room with two beds available, and that's it", She said and I sighed looking back at the boys getting their bags out the car and then looking at Luke. He shrugged.

I guess it wasn't common for groups of people to stay at motels on the side of the road.

"That's fine", I smiled.

"Looks like we're sharing a bed", Luke said.

"Because you and Calum- not a good idea"