VII

Adara POV

I grabbed a spoon out of a drawer and a tub of cookie dough ice cream from the freezer jumping up onto the counter and shoving a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"So", I said some ice cream flying out my mouth.

"Now what", I laughed shoving another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth and I watched Michael roll his eyes, he did that a lot.

Now that I was warming up to him everything was starting to calm down, and my mom saying she was working late made everything easier.

"Let's practice", Michael said I looked at him suspiciously.

"Practice what?", I asked unsure.

"To control it", he said again for the second time today like it was something obvious I should understand.

"No", I said digging around in my ice cream.

"You're really annoying you know that?", He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Now the answer is definitely no", I said going to fill my spoon with ice cream but stopped when I had realized he froze my ice cream solid so I was unable to even pull the spoon out, I looked back up at him and narrowed my eyes.

How did you do that?

"Ha. Ha.", I said out loud instead.

"Just come with me", he said laughing grabbing my arm and I tried to ignore the goose bumps that erupted on my skin. 

Michael dragged me out the house and after that I just followed him towards the woods that were behind my house and for a second I actually considered that he was going to kidnap me or something.

He seemed to have some habit of dragging people.

"Stand here"

He walked a few meters away from me and I stopped myself from following him and waited, then he turned to face me.

I was still extremely confused as to what he trying to do.

"The goal, is to get the other person too weak to fight back", he said.

I tilted my head in confusion and he rolled his eyes...again.

"First to forfeit loses and you can't physically touch the other person", He said.

How the hell would that work?

"Michael, do you not understand that I literally found out about all this like ten minutes ago", I said to him.

"You'll do fine!", He shouted to me probably sensing my uneasiness.

"I LITERALLY have no idea where to even start", I yelled to him.

I just wanted some ice cream.

"Just do what you did when you were playing volley ball", he said.

"You make it sound easy?", I said.

"It is easy!"

"No it's not I was mad when we were playing volley ball, I'm not mad"

"Just close your eyes and focus on the heat in your stomach, feel it in your hands first and picture it building up" He said and I just pretended to understand him and shut my eyes like I knew what I was doing, but all I saw was darkness.

I took a deep breath attempting to focus on this heat that was supposedly in my stomach.

I pictured it going up my arms and into my hands, but I felt nothing.