X

Adara POV

"Out the car", He said and I was about to say something, but I didn't even get a chance.

I scoffed at him despite the circumstances, I was annoyed.

"Now", He said and I prepared to snap back with a snarky comment but he was out the car already, I pushed the door open climbing out the car swinging my backpack over my shoulders and slamming the door shut behind me, I took as much anger out on the door as I could, this car was useless now.

I was grateful we took Michaels car, if I did ever return home I would have my baby waiting for me.

Michael walked out in front of the car and I just followed him standing beside him, looking behind my back to look at the smashed windshield again. I still couldn't believe it.

I looked out in front of us again to see the guy still standing there.

"What the fuck is going on", I whispered to Michael.

"Ready?", He asked the only thing I was ready for was to yell at him for being so blunt, not answering any of my questions and just being an ass.

"What do you mean, ready?", I said instead, shaking my head from side to side, not understanding, but knowing I was not ready, at all.

I guess my question was quickly answered when the guy pulled his hood off his head revealing his icy blond hair now brushed in front of the face.

It was the guy from the store.

"fantastic!", I said to myself sarcastically lifting my hands in the air barely above my waist and letting them slap back down on my thighs.

He reached over his waist wrapping his pale hand around something before pulling out a long sword making me instinctively take a step back, the back of my thighs hitting the car.

My saliva caught in my throat and I swallowed hard trying to gulp down some air without coughing but a small hiccup managed to pass my lips.

My body was cold, frozen in its spot like the windshield, and just like it, I was ready to shatter.

He held the sword in front of his face, exhaling a breath of smoke causing it to light up, it froze completely from the base to the very sharp tip.

No doubt in my mind it can shatter me.

"Okay- that's new", I said, what am I saying, all of this is new.

The ground around him began to freeze and goosebumps rose over my body the sharp and harsh coldness began to bubble inside me.

There's that feeling again.

The fog ghosted on the road and it snaked around my feet before disappearing.

I shut my eyes taking a deep breath before slowly opening my eyes again, my eyes beaming with fear and rage, my body was hot the cold, I felt was lost in the hotness of my skin.

I don't think I will ever get used to that.

"Ready.", Michael said again but this time he sounded sure, I was panicking I didn't know what to do and if by 'ready' he meant to do what I did when we practiced that ONE time Also I was NOT down to kill a man, even if he was trying to kill us.

The fear in my mind was almost as strong as the power in my veins.

With that, Michael ran towards the man ducking when he swung his sword kicking his feet so he fell and landed on his back and I flinched back causing my temperature to decrease back to its normal heat,