Chapter 41

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y O N E

【️♕️】

As the celebration continued, Aiden introduced me with all the people, most especially the people who are close to him. It was tiring having to walk around the ballroom and greet all the guests and have a conversation with them but I was also happy and glad. Aiden was beside me the whole time, supporting me and helping me with the questions that are being asked.

Everyone commented and complimented me and my dress.

"I can't believe that you did this for me" I said to Aiden when we were not occupied with the guests. Aiden just shrugged.

"As I've said, anything for you" he winks at me and I laugh at him but butterflies errupted in my stomach, how can someone look so hot?

"Aiden dear, how are you?" a plump woman came towards us and smiles at Aiden.

Aiden gave her a nod and a small smile, "I'm good, thank you for asking"

The woman eyes at me from head to foot before she plasters a smile, "And this might be Avery, your Majesty" I was still uncomfortable with the honorific but tried to shrug it out, I need to be used to it since I am going to be Queen someday.

And to think I was once a servant...

"Aiden, I need you for a second, Aunt Julie is forcing me to converse with the men here and I need you to tell her that I am taken" Diana says pleadingly as she glances over her shoulders at a woman who was talking to a young man.

"Why can't you just tell her that yourself?" Aiden asks as he turns to me.

"Open your mouth" is all he says and I do as he says and open my mouth, he placed the food inside my mouth and I chew.

"This is good" I say, still chewing and he chuckles before he wipes my lips removing the crumbs.

"Aiden!" Diana whisper yells. Aiden gave out a tired sigh.

"I told you that she won't listen to me and I don't like conversing with men that isn't actually my mate"

"Fine, if only Avery agrees"

They both look at me and I stopped mid chew as I looked up at them.

"What?"

"Rose, please tell Aiden to do whatever I want him to do" even though Diana knows my real name is Avery she refuses to call me that, preferring to call me Rose.

"Uhm, sure?" I said unsure to Diana and she hugs me gratefully. I pat her back as I look at Aiden who was rolling his eyes.

Diana pulls Aiden towards the woman and Aiden looks at me worriedly but I shake my head at him, trying to tell him not to worry.

I was walking around the ballroom when Lady Amanda came up to me.

"Congratulations Avery" she says my name spitefully and I carefully smiled at her.

"Thank you" she was trying to maintain her smile and she looks funny.

"Will you walk with me?" Lady Amanda asks me and I arch my eyebrow at her.

Whta is she up to?

"Uhm" I said hesitatingly as I eye Aiden who was still busy talking to the woman.

"At least do this as a compensation for runing my marriage?" Lady Amanda says making me guilty. I was debating whether or not to go with her, I did ruin their wedding but it wasn't like it's my fault that I am Aiden's mate.