Chapter 31

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

T H I R T Y O N E

【️♕️】

"Do you want to continue exploring the Kingdom?" Kin- I mean Aiden asked me as he plays with my hair. We have been doing nothing than talking to each other aimlessly.

At first, I was reluctant talking to him since he is the King and I am still a servant but after a couple of hours I became comfortable. I can actually talk freely without being reprimanded, I can talk without having his permission to do so.

He was furious when he learned that Lady Cecilia restricted my freedom to talk and he promised me that he will punish them accordingly.

He's been extremely sweet and caring towards me, he's patient with me when I refuse to answer him sometimes. He's been the best to me and I really do hope that this will last.

"I'd love to!" I exclaimed at him and he just chuckled at my enthusiastic state.

"Go change first then" I nodded at him before I went to my new room and I still couldn't believe that this is my room. It's just too luxurious for a servant like me but nonetheless I was happy.

I changed into a cleaner blouse and long skirt but still frowned at my attire. Why am I starting to get embarrassed by my clothes? They just have holes in them and I want Aiden to look at me as if I'm beautiful but by my outfit I fear that it will just disgust him.

I contemplate whether to go out or not.

But, I have been wearing this outfit a hundred times and haven't complained, why am I starting now?

I bit my lip but decided to just go, this is a one time thing.

I thought to myself, so with that decided I went out of the room to see Aiden waiting for me.

He gave me smile that never fails to make me swoon and I gave him back a smile of my own before I looked at thr floor shyly.

I could feel him closer, he lifts my chin with his thumb and forefinger as he makes me stare at his godly face. I flush against his stare and all I want is to bow my head once more.

"You look beautiful Rose" he compliments me and I blush harder before I nodded in response, my tongue-tied. He smiled at me warmly before he caught my hand in his.

"Come on" he then tugged my hand as he gestures me to follow him.

"You're accompanying me?" I asked hesitantly, would he strike me for questioning his actions?

"Yes, I wouldn't want my mate to get lost would I?" he asks me as he archs an eyebrow my way and I grin at him giddily before I shook my head.

"Wait, wouldn't Lady Cecilia be mad at me for not doing my duties?" I slightly frowned at a tiny spark of fear courses through me as I thought of the punishments I will receive for neglecting my job.

My face must have showed nervousness as Aiden stopped walking anf stopped infront of me as he cupped my face tenderly.

"Rose, you don't need to worry about those things. From now on you will no longer work, you are my mate and they will be the ones tending to you, not the other way. Okay?" even though I didn't quite understand what he said but I nodded my head trying to make it look like I understood.

"Good, now come on, we have the whole day ahead of us" he takes my hand back in his as his warmth envelops my hand and I smiled.

People were looking at us weirdly but they quickly looked away, not wanting to anger the King and I could see the King getting irritated by the stares we were receiving.