Chapter 28

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y E I G H T

【️♕️】

Aiden's POV

I cursed loudly and was about to exit the room when my phone rang, I wanted to ignore the ringing but sighed tiredly and answered it.

"Aidey!" Amanda whined on the other side of the phone and I cringed and groaned internally but responded politely with a greeting.

"I wanted your opinion on which color scheme we would be having in our wedding, I can't pick between..." I drowned out her voice as I pinched my forehead in frustration. I have more pressing matters than discussing this.

This wedding that I apparently don't want.

Freaking hell.

"It's up to you Amanda. Listen I need to go, I have more important things to do" I said bluntly, wanting this phone conversation to end so that I can finally go and see the problem with the rogues.

My wolf snorted.

'Just admit that you want to see if our mate is fine'

My wolf isn't wrong with that. If the damn rogues hurt even a strand of hair on her head, I'll fucking kill them myself.

"What do you mean more important things to do? Do you think this wedding is not important?" Amanda demanded, her voice came out in a high pitch tone. I raked my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"No, it's not that-"

"Why did you even bother to propose to me when you're not going to help me in planning our wedding?" she rambled on sounding angry as she cuts me off. I rolled my eyes at her statement.

"You've been uninterested in this wedding and you've been acting weird this past few weeks. What the hell is going on with you Aiden?" she demanded and I sighed, running my hand on my face.

What was going on? My mate is what's going on. She's messing with my sanity, with my feelings and my mind, I just can't get her out of my system.

And to add to that, I regret every bad thing that I ever did to her, I am disgusted and disappointed with myself for treating her less than she deserves and she be damned treated like a Queen.

Our Queen.

Me and my wolf howled in satisfaction hearing that.

But I can't just declare her my queen, some people will rebel against this. Up until now, some people still loathe humans for what they have done. Specifically the hunters, they have done so much chaos into our lives that are deemed unforgivable. They have killed our kind, tortured and most of all, they killed the King and Queen.

Although I still hate humans, my heart is slowly falling for one. My mate. My human mate.

"Nothing" I said in reply as I ended the call.

The reason why I even proposed to Amanda in the first place was that the higher ups or the Royals are demanding that I take a Queen, saying that a King is without a Queen and to safety the throne, that means heirs.

I was conflicted when I reluctantly agreed. I wanted to protest against that, saying that my mate was the only person who can be my Queen, who can only bear my pups. But, they can't accept a human as a Queen. And there was Amanda, she was a perfect figure as a Queen, she was taught how to act, talk, and be a Queen. She is a strong werewolf and could make a good wife.