Chapter 43

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y T H R E E

【️♕️】

I am so tired and hungry that I literally slumped myself against Aiden, my back is aching and my head is throbbing like crazy.

Aiden was clutching me so that I wouldn't drop, my eyes were already fluttering close.

"Aiden, I don't feel so good" I mumbled to him.

"Avery, you're bleeding" Aiden says in a panicked voice and it sounded so foreign because his tone is always confident and final.

"Yeah" was all I said before my eyes shut close.

🌹

I could hear voices but I focused on only one voice and it belonged to Aiden, he sounded so melancholic that it pained me.

"Wake up baby, please. I love you" was the last thing that I heard before everything blacked out again.

"Please Avery, how long are you going to torture me? Is this my punishment? I'm so fucking sorry baby, I wish I found you sooner. Just... please wake up soon" he pleads me and I wanted to open my eyes and tell him that I'm here and I forgive him but my body is so tired and I just want to go to sleep. I gave in to the darkness as it consumed me.

My eyes opened so slowly and so painfully, my throat is so dry and parched, I tilted my head even though it protested and saw that there was a glass of water on the nightstand. I reach over to get it but it seems too far away and my arms feel heavy as hell. I let out a frustrated groan.

"Avery?" Aiden's deep and manly voice asked and I didn't even notice that he was by my side. Aiden suddenly came closer to me as he cups my face in his hands. He searched my eyes and I searched his and my heart pricked at the sight of him.

He has eyebags under his eyes and he looks so tired. I reached out to hold his face in my hands and he leaned his face closer to my hands and kissed my palm. My heart melted.

"I was so scared that you were never going to wake up, you were out for two days and that was the most agonizing and longest days of my life. I don't want that to ever happen to you again" I could hear the pain in his voice and I swallowed the knot inside my throat.

"A-Aiden" I said but coughed, my throat is just so dry.

Aiden thankfully grabbed the glass from the nightstand and tilted my head so that I could sip the water. He even wiped of my lips to remove the excess water that apparently dripped from my mouth.

"What happened?" I asked Aiden as he returned the glass to the nightstand.

"You passed out because of blood loss" Aiden replied tightly as he clenches his fists.

"Aiden, it wasn't your fault so stop beating yourself for it"

"No Avery, it is my fault, I should've came for you sooner. I promised you that I would protect you, that I would keep you from harm and I failed, I failed you" he says as he looks away from me in remorse. I shook my head at him.

"Aiden look at me" I said to him as I tried to make my voice confident. He looks at me.

"I know that you promised me that you would protect me and you did" Aiden was about to counter but I gave him a hard glare and he shut up, "What's important is that I'm here and you're here. I wouldn't want anything else" then I swallowed the next words that I was supposed to say. I don't know how I'm supposed to say it but I needed to say it to him.