Chapter 30

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

T H I R T Y

【️♕️】

"Tell me, do you believe in fate?" he asks me.

Fate? What is fate? Is it fate having a bad life? Is it fate for me to be abused, hurt and treated like nothing? I took a deep breath and answered,

"Yes" he nodded at my answer before he took my hand in his, I looked at our conjoined hands and saw how perfect my hand fits in his.

"Werewolves are also fated, in their entire life, they will only have one mate. A person fated to be with them for the rest of their lives" he said as he stared at our hands.

Mates. Princess Diana also mentioned what mates are, I recall that they are people who are dor each other. People who love and accept their other half for whoever they are.

Why was he telling me this?

"Werewolves will find their mate in the right time. They will discover their mate by their scent, their presence. There will be a spark when you touch, uncontrollable emotions and the urge to always be with your mate. One's mate is for life, when the other dies, her/his partner will soonly follow, not being able to cope up with the pain and the loss of his mate. So, you see, mates are very important. And they must be treasured and loved" he said the last two sentences with a profound emotion as he stares at me while I gulp.

Did he found his mate? Is it Lady Amanda? The thought of it pains me, she must be, she's the perfect fit for him. She's beautiful, classy, elegant, royalty and over all, she's everything he wants.

So why am I hurting? Why am I feeling this deep hatred towards Lady Amanda and also envy? Why am I wishing that I could be his mate?

I looked away from him as I pulled my hand back. I want to show him that I was happy, surely he must have found his mate and she is Lady Amanda. But I can't, it's hard to accept and take in.

"What's wrong Rose?" he asks me as he tilts my head to face him.

"Nothing" I said as I forced a smile on my face.

"I'm happy that you've found your mate, and now you're marrying her. Anyways, I must go and do my job. I've been neglecting it for so long. Excuse me" I said as I started to stand up but a hand clasped my wrist and pulled me down.

I yelped as I stumbled against the King's chest. He growls quietly and I am afraid to make another sound and scared to make another attempt to move away from him.

"You're right about one thing. I have found my mate"

I expected that but I shouldn't still feel hurt over what he said.

"And yes, in time I will marry her. I will make her my Queen, love her, protect her, be there for her. I would die for her, I'll give up anything for her" he continued on.

"Please stop" I pleaded, not wanting to hear those wonderful things that he will do for his mate, especially since I know that those actions won't be for me.

"I'll never stop treating her like a Queen, I'll never stop loving her" at this point I was begging for the world to eat me up, so that I wouldn't hear him declare himself to his mate.

"But you are wrong about one thing, Amanda isn't my mate. You are. Rose, you are my mate" he said and I was sure that he was joking but when I looked at him he was serious. His eyes held sincerity and I couldn't decipher whether it was real or not but I shook my head at him.