Chapter 2

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
T W O

【️♕️】️

After cleaning all the rooms, I realized that it is already 5: 30 in the evening, I made my way towards my master’s room- the person who bought me and knocked on the door three times.

"What?" Kylon- my master asked from the other side of the door, his voice gruff as he groaned and I could hear some shifting inside the room.

"It's me Master" I said in a respectful voice. A servant was taught to be respectful to those who have a higher status than him/her, if one failed to do so, heavy punishment will be carried. One must also do every bidding that their master tells them to do.

There were two kinds of servants, those who were willing to serve and those who were bought to serve. I was the latter as you can see, rules were stricter for the servants who were bought. They don't own their freedom, they will work harder and their punishments are harsher.

I heard some more groaning before the door was opened. My master looked tired, he has bags underneath his eyes and I could smell his breath which stenches of alcohol. My nose twitched at the horrible smell.

"Master? Are you drunk?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows, my master rarely gets this drunk, he occasionally drinks but he could hold his liquor, this would be the third time I see him this drunk.

"What the fuck are you trying to say?" He questioned angrily as he gripped my wrist in a tightening manner, his bloodshot eyes stare at me with intent. My eyes as I realized my mistake. I shouldn't question my master and I shouldn't look at my master in the eyes without his permission.

Realizing what I have done, I bowed my head, "I am sorry master, for that I deserve a punishment"

He tightened his grip around my wrist and I bit my lower lip trying to contain the whimper that arises from my throat.

"You don't have the right to question me" he spat. I only nodded my head.

"You don't have the right to look at me in the eyes as if we are equal" he then snaked his hand around my neck as he pulled me up, my feet floating in the air. I gasped as little by little oxygen gets cut off, my lungs burning with the lack of air. My eyes begin to water and I could see tiny black dots in my vision.

Before I could lose my consciousness, my master released, I gasped for air as I propped my elbows on the floor to hold my body from fully having contact with the carpet.

I shook my head to try and regain my consciousness but my master started to kick me.

"Do you know what shit I had to go through today?" he questioned me as he pulled me to my feet, I kept my head bowed as I shook my head no.

"That bitch thinks she can order me around!" he then continued to pull my hair, I kept my eyes closed, accepting the situation that I am in.

"Just because she's with the King! Fucking bitch!"  with that he released his anger and frustration on me as he delivered a hard and painful kick to my stomach, I clutched my stomach as I curled into a fetus position as I coughed out blood.

Master wasn't done when he yanked my hair upward for me to face him. His breath smelling of faint alcohol, I still had my eyes closed in respect.

"You women are pathetic" he said venomously as he tightened his grip on my hair. I could feel my scalp burn as I kept the pain in. He released my hair all of a sudden as my head came in contact with the floor. I got off the floor as I bowed my head once more, waiting for his command.