Chapter 5

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
F I V E

【️♕️】️

It was morning when everyone has left the ballroom. I am now cleaning the ballroom. Other guards helped in clearing the tables and other heavy decorations, as for the King, he and Amanda went somewhere, and I don't even want to know what they are up to. After the whole ballroom was cleared out, I then grabbed the cloth and brush and began polishing the marbled tiles once more.

After a couple of minutes, I feel drained and also very tired and sleepy. I barely ate today, thank God my body was accustomed to it. My eyes feel droopy, but I pushed myself to finish the task, I was half way through the ball when the King comes in, walking with such high confidence.

"Get up" he said his voice rather husky.

I did what I have been told and stood up with shaky legs as I bowed my head in respect.

"You have embarrassed me" he started in a cold tone and I bit my lip. I didn't mean to humiliate him, I forgot that I was still wearing make-up, "-you practically humiliated me. Tell me, what the actual fuck were you thinking barging in the room looking like that?" He said angrily as he crossed his arms against his chest, as he towered me with his intimidating posture.

"I am very sorry your Majesty, it wasn't in my intentions to humiliate you, I deserve a punishment for my recklessness" I said as I bowed and kneeled in front of him, I was disgusted with myself, I felt so weak under his gaze. But I seem to be angrier at myself for what I have done, I humiliated the King.

"You do deserve a punishment" he confirmed, I shouldn't be surprised at this but I was actually hoping that like he wouldn't do it, like he was different from the others, that he had compassion, a heart

I nodded, "The attic is in need of cleaning. I want it to be cleaned within the end of the week" with that he walked away leaving me with widened eyes, how did he expect me to do all those things when I still haven't finished cleaning the ballroom?

Why are you always expecting difference? You have been living like this for most of your life, get a grip, no one and nothing will change.

My inner conscience is right, what is happening to me these past few days? It's like there was hope... no don't even bother go there. I sighed.

I scrubbed, wiped and cleaned the whole ballroom, I smiled thanking that I have already finished the hard work, it was already 4 in the morning.

I put back the materials and began making my way towards the attic. I was swaying side by side due to lack of sleep and tiredness. I constantly pinch myself, slap my cheeks so that I will make myself stay awake.

I didn't realize that I had bumped into a figure, I heard a hiss and I widened my eyes. It was Lady Amanda- she was the one who accompanied the King- was on the floor, glaring at me. I offered my hand for her but she looked at my hands like they were covered in filth, pure disgust and shock written on her face.

"Get your filthy hands away from my face!" She screeched loudly as she slapped my hands away. I was shocked by the tone of her voice and her choice of words. I didn't expect her to have this kind of attitude. She looked so kind and angelic.

"I am sorry Miss, I wasn't looking where I was going, I apologize deeply" I muttered, she scoffed before she scrunched her nose up in disgust.

"Guards!" She yelled, not long after a guard came.

"Yes Ma'am?" The guard asked as he eyed the two of us with curiosity.

"Help me get up" she ordered, the guard quickly acted as he offered her a hand, she took his hand and stood up, she dusted out her dress.