Chapter 25

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y F I V E

【️♕️】

I groaned as I opened my eyes, I looked around me and suddenly realized I was in a bed. I jumped up as I moved away from the bed as if it was going to kill me.

I stared at the lavish room in confusion.

Questions ran through my mind.

What was I doing here?

Was my punishment over?

I was about to exit the room when the door abruptly opened. My breath hitched as I stared at the King in awe. He still, and couldn't fail to take my breath away, even as he do simple things it was as if he was doing it with grace and precision.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he stares at me intently, his gaze hot and piercing. A frown formed its way on his face as he came closer to me. My heart was palpitating as I watch him come closer towards me.

"What are you doing on the floor?" he asked me as his frown stayed on his face as he offered his hand towards me.

I looked at his hand with much reluctance.

Was I still dreaming? Is that why he was offering help to me? Is that why he was acting this nice to me?

Even this was a dream I couldn't stop my heart from beating at a fast pace. I reluctantly put my hand in his noting how warm his hands against my cold ones.

He helped me got up and my balance seemed to be off as I stumbled forward. The King was quick on his feet as he wrapped his arm arpund me trying to steady the both of us.

I felt delicious shivers course through my body as he held my body against his toned and muscular body. I took a peek at him as he stared back at me, my heart fluttered at his stare as a blush starts to form on my cheeks.

I then realized that my hands were over his chest- his muscular, hard chest that felt like stone under my touch.

Holy Hell.

I blushed even more as I removed my hands form his.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, his voice deep and husky. His voice held concern as he stared at me.

I was taken aback from his question but managed to come off with a reply, "I-I'm fine, thank you" I mumbled as I took a step back away from him, albeit reluctantly.

He stared off at the distant before he snapped back into reality as he looked back at me.

He nodded back at me before he cleared his throat. Awkwardness engulfed between us as we stared anywhere but at each other.

He cleared his throat once more before he focused his gaze at me, "Do you want to go out?" he asked me awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head.

I stared at him incrediously wondering why he has asked that particular question. I bit my lip, deliberating what my answer would be.

"Wh-what do you mean go out?" I asked as I peered at him through my lashes. He stared deep into my eyes and I felt my heart tremble under his stare. I looked back down as color starts to fill up my cheeks.

"I mean, do you want to go out, explore and stuff" I snapped back at him before I returned my focus staring on the floor.

Why was he asking me this? Why is he acting like this?