Chapter 1

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
O N E

【️♕️】️

I always knew that the Earth was a strange world, just like Mars or Jupiter or all the planets. As a child, I thought that the world was made up of rainbows and cupcakes. A child has a right to fantasize, to be ignorant of the dangers that surrounds the place we call Earth.

That privilege was taken away from me at a very young age. My innocence, my freedom and my happiness were taken away from me in just one night.

I don't know where I am but all I know is that its not safe wandering in the dark and scary streets. I don't know where I am going but my feet are moving on its own. Taking me to nowhere.

I couldn't find my parents, one second they were there and then the next they were gone. I looked around me, trying to find their familiar faces but I couldn't.  So, I walked aimlessly until the once blue sky turned dark.

I was clutching myself as I passed by an alley. The clouds seemed to be getting angry as rain starts to pour out from the dark fluffs of cotton. I tried not to cry as I continue walking but a scary voice made me stop.

A child, walking all by her own, naïve to the dangers around her.

"Hey little girl, what are you doing here?" The voice itself was terrifying and I almost cried in fear. I tried not to scream, looking around me to find people who can help me, but luck seems to be not on my side as I can see that the place is deserted except for these people. There are almost 10 guys and they were smiling maliciously at me.

I shook my head and continued to walk, my tiny body shaking due to the coldness and fear.

"It's okay little girl, we won't hurt you, we are here to help you" The man spoke once again but this time he spoke a little softer that I almost believed him.

"P-promi-se?" I said in a small, shaking voice. My heart beating furiously as the man nodded slowly and smiled at me. Being the naïve girl I am I went to him and that was probably the most idiotic, worst and stupid decision that I had ever made.

That night changed my whole life.

My life turned into series of constant torture and abuse. I was treated like a doll, tossed, dragged and used as per their liking. I cleaned for them, I was tortured for their pleasure. I was their possession before I was sold.

I shook my head and tried to clear my head with my past as I waited for the eggs to be fried. I have been sold as a servant in this castle since I was sixteen, that was a year ago. The work was fine, except for the unequal treatment they are giving me and the other servants constant ridicule, bullying and glares at me, not to mention the looks they throw at me that was coated with unhidden disgust and hatred, even the guards and the royals look at me like I am some kind of rag, or a smudge of dirt on the marble floors of the castle that needs to be get rid of.

But I didn't care about how they look at me and how they treat me, I always smile at them when they walk in my way and in return I get a glare or a roll of their eyes, I always treat them with respect even if I don't even have respect for myself.

The eggs started to bubble and the yolks started to cook, all of the other servants are all busy for the arrival of their King and Princess, King Aiden and his sister Princess Diana Ross, they have returned from a visit from their other packs. The former Queen and King died due to a rogue attack and King Aiden was 18 at that time when it happened, with the early death of his parents and with him being the first born child he had to take the throne at a young age.

Personally, I have never met the young King due to him being busy thus explains his frequent stays at the castle and I wasnt privileged to serve him. But as I've heard from the other servants who have seen and communicated with him, he was described as cold, a quiet person with an intimidating and unapproachable aura. Despite that, the long string of his admirers still fawn over his handsomeness and his athletic physique- at least thats what Ive been hearing.

I got the eggs out of the pan and placed them on the plates, I also took out the sizzling bacon and placed them on the plates. I carried some plates from the kitchen and placed them on the long and glass dinner table which consists of almost 50 chairs. I dont exactly know the population of the people living inside the castle but I one thing for sure is that, higher ups and royalties are the only ones allowed to live inside the castle.

"Can't you fasten up? The King and Princess will be here in less than a few minutes and you have only prepared so little, so stop lazing around and get back to work!" Lady Cecilia yelled as she pointed her manicured fingers towards the kitchen. I just smiled at her before nodding and quickly made my way to the kitchen.

After being instructed with so many demands I have already finished with my work, at the time of 9: 30 royals started to fill up the dining table, for us servants we will be on standby, watching them eat and wait for their orders.

Life is hard inside the castle, as the rich merry around, us peasants will work hard in order to have a decent life. I only get to eat once a day, but despite that I wasn't complaining, there are others who suffer more than me.
I realized that they made me work twice than average, the other servants that I live with only do light tasks, maybe its due to the fact that they are beautiful. I was not.

After all the royals took their seats, they were all waiting for their King to arrive. Then, a strong presence entered the room, it oppresses everyone in the room. I dared not to look up, but a voice somewhere at the back of my mind kept nagging me to look up.

I could feel eyes glare at me as I gulped, trying to swallow my fear as I felt the power, confidence and authority that was oozing from him and it makes me want to submit.

Again, there was that voice that internally screamed at me to look, to look at him. But I softly shook my head as I blinked my eyes repeatedly, staring at the pristine marbled floor.

I could hear movements in the background as a scraping sound of a chair was heard.

Someone cleared his throat and conversations were passed around. I was trapped in my own little world, just blankly staring at the floor when someone gripped my hand causing me to jolt out of my fazed state.

"Rose! What are you doing there? Aren't you supposed to be cleaning the royals' room? Quit slacking off and get back to work" Lady Cecilia harshly whispered to me as she shook her head in anger and disappointment.

I kept my head bowed as I nodded my head respectfully before walking out and head my way into one of the royals' room.

I stared at the mess before me and sighed. Their rooms dont look like it belonged to a person from royalty, it looked like it was rummaged by a bull, pieces of silk clothes were everywhere and their closet was unorganized. Books have fallen out of their shelves, the room looks topsy-turvy.

I sighed before smiling to myself as I began picking out the clothes that are laying on the floor. An hour and 30 minutes later, the room was cleaned and breakfast was also done, I made my way to the gigantic dining table to clean up. I gathered all the plates and cleaned the glass dining table with a clean cloth before making my way to the wide sink and began washing the dishes.

I was the one tasked with the dishes, I looked at the pile of plates and sighed once more. I was different from the other servants, a servant has one particular task that she/he was assigned to, unluckily for me, I was an all-around servant. I basically do everything that they want me to do. I mumble incoherent words to myself before I start washing the dishes.

So that's the first chapter done. So what do you think?
Is it cringe-worthy or cringe-worthy, I'd prefer the latter. But please tell me what you think, don't be shy. I am all eyes.