Chapter 37

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

T H I R T Y S E V E N

【️♕️】

Aiden doesn't let go of Lady Amanda's hand as she glares at her then he looks at me but his gaze is softer and concern lingers in his eyes.

"I can explain" Lady Amanda rushes out the words but Aiden isn't calmed by what she said.

"Explain?" Aiden says the words like venom.

"Explain what? That you were going to hit my mate?" Lady Amanda looks at Aiden in disbelief before she shakes her head.

"She is not your mate! She has brainwashed you Aiden, don't listen to her Aiden. Don't do this to me, to us, I love you Aiden" Lady Amanda confesses as tears trickle down her face and I felt bad and guilty for her while I wrap my arms around myself. Aiden just shook his head.

"You don't love me Amanda, you just love the power that comes with me. You and I both know that you aren't capable of love. And I told you in the first place that we were only acting, I told you that I will never love you" Aiden says harshly and Lady Amanda flinches at every word as she steps backward, shaking her head profusely.

Lady Amanda's bottom lip tremble and I could see her sadness before she turns to me and that sadness dissipated and turns into anger as an ugly experssion forms on her face.

"You!" she screeches at me.

"You fucking bitch! It's all your fault! I'll fucking kill you!" then she lunges at me, I widened my eyes in horror and tried to escape her. She shifts into her wolf and I knew right then and there that she was seriously going to kill me. But before she reaches me, Aiden came in front of me and growls threateningly at Lady Amanda.

"I am your King and Alpha, you dare threaten to kill my mate? Your Queen? Stand down" Aiden says, his words powerful and inflicting. Lady Amanda was stubborn as she fights off Aiden's command but soon whimpered seconds later as she shifts back into her human body. She laid naked on the floor and I turned away to give her privacy but Aiden didn't as he gave her a blanket to cover herself.

I was slightly hurt that he could stare at another woman's body but held down my jealousy and hurt, Aiden explained to me that nudity was common to them, so I can understand.

Lady Amanda wraps the blanket over her body as she stands up but as soon as she does she glowers at me. Hate still present in her eyes.

"Why would you do this to me Aiden?"

Aiden sighs tiredly at Lady Amanda, having enough of her tantrums.

"Amanda, I know that you are hurt, ans I'm sorry for that but you'll understand that this is for the better. You are still young and your mate is still out there looking for you. You don't want to be stuck with a person who isn't your mate" Aiden explains slowly, trying to make Lady Amanda understand.

Lady Amanda whines and starts to protest, "But I don't want my mate, I want you Aiden. Can't you undertsnd that I love you? Please, don't do this" Lady Amanda pleads and I couldn't help but look at Aiden for his reaction but he just looks impassive and quite irritated at the most.

"Amanda" Aiden starts firmly.

"Stop acting like a child and start acting your age. Like I said, I'm sorry that I am doing this but it's for the best. I can see that you are not fit enough to be a Queen, you act on impulse and don't think of the consequences, you get angry when things don't go your way and you get mad on petty mistakes" Aiden purses his lips as he looks at Lady Amanda.