Chapter 4

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
F O U R

【️♕️】️

I have already finished all the task given to me and I must say that I did a good job, the food tasted good. I was now walking around the hallway when I saw the King, he also saw me and I quickly bowed my head. I could hear his footsteps coming closer, my heart trembled as my body stiffened. 

"So, have you finished your job?" He asked in a monotonous voice.

"Yes your Majesty" I nodded. He didn't say anything as I felt him through me like I wasn't even there, I sighed. Since I didn't have anything better to do, I went to my room.

Crystal and Sharon were applying their make-up and it was actually creepy that they had managed to make themselves even more beautiful, I was envious that they were beautiful which I was currently lacking of. They snickered at me, the thing that they always loved to do when I was present or around.

I went to my bed and sat up, fiddling with my fingers as I watch them apply cosmetics on their faces. Amazed at how precise they are in applying make-up on their faces.

"You know.." Crystal started off as she looked at Sharon with a knowing smirk.

"I never understand why they would have a human in the Kingdom. Their pathetic, weak and most of all, ugly" I knew that they were talking about me, but what I didn't understand was that they talk about humans that way as if they weren't ones.

"So, Rose, what do you think about humans? They are pathetic right?" I remained impassive as I fiddled with my fingers. I knew that they were rousing an emotion from me, they wanted to see me break down, to cry.

"Bitch" Crystal grumbled under her breath.

"I think this is enough make-up" Sharon said to Crystal.

"But someone is in need of a makeover" Sharon continued, something was not right.

Sharon and Crystal looked at each other before they held what looked like pencil in their hands before they restricted my arms as Crystal applied something on my face.

After me protesting and them applying something on my face, they let me go.
Both of them bursted out in laughter.

"I never knew you could be this beautiful Rose" Crystal said sarcastically as she twirled a strand of my hair. I flinched at the contact.

"Why did you hide your beauty? If you didn't, the King would have fell in love with you" Sharon said as she puckered her lips at me. I couldnt fathom whether they were telling the truth or not.

I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear before I quietly spoke, "Really?"

"Of course honey, you should embrace your beauty" Sharon said with a soft voice and my heart warmed at her statement which caused a smile to form on my lips.

"Thank you" I mumbled quietly before there was a knock on the door.

"Sharon, Crystal come on the ball is starting get your asses out of the room" a high pitched sound said as she giggled at the end.

Sharon and Crystal did a double look at themselves, fixing their dresses and checking if their make-up was not ruined.

"Come on, the King is already there" they giggled before they turned their heels and walked toward the ballroom.

"You should come with us Rose, you know, have fun" Sharon said to me as Crustal furrowed her eyebrows but Sharon nudged her before both of them smirked.