Chapter 19

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
N I N E T E E N

【️♕️】️

True to Lady Cecilia's words, many people came into the Castle and they got a quick tour of the hall room where the wedding will be held. And also true to her words, almost all the servants practically didn't hold their unhidden disgust that they have for me, always picking names, whispering to each other of how much of a slut I am, and how disgusting my clothes, body and face are. They also find new ways on how to physically and emotionally humiliate me.

I was assigned in taking care of the rooms, the thing that I am probably good at, cleaning. I was also tasked and assigned to clean and polish the hall room.

There were still weeks to plan and decorate before the wedding.

Wedding.

His wedding.

My throat constricts as I try to painfully swallow the fact that he is going to be married.

It still brings me amount of pain, emotionally that is, no matter how much I try to shrug it off as if it wasn't important, the thing is that, I couldn't. Every time I am reminded that he is going to be married it is as if I was drowning and shackles were clasped around my feet, preventing me from freeing myself and inhaling oxygen. I felt like I was dying.

Many are already busy, a menu of food was being prepared, most of which I don't know yet. Fruits, vegetables, meat, fish and other organic and non-organic food are being delivered and stored inside the kitchen. Floor length table cloths are also being bought and prepared, and so are the draperies and other garments that are going to be used during the wedding.

I could already feel that this event/celebration is going to be a huge one.

"Rose! What are you doing just standing there?!" Lady Cecilia shouted and all eyes were now focused on me as I lowered my head and blushed beet red in embarrassment.

I could hear her heels click as she walked closer to me; I practically gulp in my fear. The past days haven't been exactly good to me, ever since that day where Lady Cecilia threatened me.

"I told you to start moping and yet here I see you, just staring at us while we are working, you are not the bride here! You cannot just stand there and watch us work!" she hissed at me as she grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at her angered face, you could practically see the anger just by looking at her eyes that were formed into slits.

"I am sorry Lady Cecilia" I apologized at her.

"Did I tell you to speak?" her eyes narrowed once again as she tightened her hold on my chin, practically leaving a bruise.

I shook my head.

"You disgust me" she spat as she released my head and I automatically lower my head.

"I want you to go and clean all the rooms in the Castle, and I expect you to finish your task before 9 this evening, is that clear? Or do I have to dumb it down for you?" they all laughed at me, I know that I don't know how to read and write but I do know how to understand the words that they are saying, but excluding those deep words.

"You can speak, that is if you are mute" she continued to mock me and I could practically feel the smirk in her sentence.

"Of course, Lady Cecilia, I understand" I muttered weakly.

Pathetic.

I know.

"Good, now go back to work" she said as she clapped her hands before she walked away.