Chapter 29

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y N I N E

【️♕️】

Avery's POV

I could feel my body tense and my heart threatening to jump out of my chest as the King pulled me closer to him. I could smell his musky and manly scent as I buried my head closer to his chest.

I blushed in embarrassment as I pulled myself out of his arms realising that Max and Princess Diana were also present in the room. The King frowned at my action as he stared at his arms that were slightly open, where I used to lay.

He sighed and turned to Max and Princess Diana, "Explain" he said in a clipped tone and I noticed how his demeanor changed when he was talking to other people.

When he talks to me, it was soft, as if he was afraid of hurting me. Well, he did talked to me coldly in the past but now, he talks to me as if I was someone significant to him.

I wondered what had changed.

Max and Princess Diana looks troubled as they eye each other, "She saw them shift and well, she didn't take it... that well" Princess Diana muttered off.

Then the events hit me. The wolves, the large wolves, them shifting to humans, Max and Princess Diana knowing what they are. I tried to calm my breathing, I try to process the new information calmly but thinking how inhumanly those wolves transformed made me lose all my wits.

I started hyperventilating as I looked at the people in front of me, the King reacted as if wolves changing into humans were a natural occurrence, Max rubs the back of his head nervously while Princess Diana looks at me worriedly.

"N-no" I croaked out as I clutched my head in turmoil.

"This, this is all, you're all lying!" I screamed as I losed my sanity and my comprehension, I slowly got off the bed, shreaking as I realised that I was on a bed. I fell to the floor and the King rushed over to my side as he looked at me, agitation and concern flashing on his face.

"Rose!" I looked at the King as he beckons me to come to him but I shook my head at him.

Everything is messing with my head.

I can't take this anymore.

I whimpered as I cowered away in a small corner as I lifted my legs closer to my chest, sobbing as I did so.

I could hear curses thrown around but I was too busy closing off the demons that are resurfacing.

I felt a warm palm touch my shoulder and I lifted my head to look at the King.

"Breathe Rose, I need you to breathe for me baby" he said softly and surprisingly I did. I calmed my breath as he pulled me closer to him so that he was holding my head close to his chest, as he burried his face on my hair, inhaling as he did so. I could feel his powerful heart beating loudly against my ear.

"I didn't know that she would take it this bad" Princess Diana muttered and the King didn't mind her as he continued to instruct me to calm myself.

I was slowly drifting to sleep, the exhaustion and shock was finally taking toll on my body.

"You've got a lot of things to explain to her, Aiden" I heard Princess Diana said before I fell into the dark abyss.

🌹