Chapter 38

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

T H I R T Y E I G H T

【️♕️】

I was eating breakfast with Max, Aiden couldn't join us because he was busy with paperwork and told Max to join me so I don't feel lonely. I miss him already and it's only been a couple of minutes before he left.

I was staring at nothing while I eat my breakfast, Max was talking rapidly on the background but I was too focused on my thoughts.

I thought back to yesterday, when Aiden had said he loves me. I blushed but couldn't stop my heartbeat from pumping too fast as I covered my red stained cheeks with my hands.

"Hey! Hey Rose! Are you still listening to me?" Max's voice snapped me from my delirium as I cleared my throat to look at him, my face flushed.

"What has gotten you blushing?" Max huffed as he stabbed a piece of his pancake and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Nothing... "

"Max?" I asked him and he peered up as he archs an eyebrow.

"What is the feeling of being in love?" Max spluttered against my question and I quickly gave him a glass of wated before he manages to choke himself.

"Are you alright?" I ask worriedly as he gulps the water before coughing.

"Why are you asking me that question?" I bit my lip, not knowing how to tell him. It's awkward talking about this topic with him, especially since he is a boy.

"Is this about Aiden?" Max suddenly asks and I bow my head in embarrassment.

I nod my head and Max claps his hands excitedly, "I have heard about Aiden cancelling the wedding between him and Amanda and thank Goddess, that woman is vile!" I giggle at his choice of words and the expression he has on his face.

"But, I shouldn't be the one you should be asking that question, I'm shit at feelings"

"Oh" I just said as I looked at the food in front of me.

Just then Princess Diana entered the room, looking as beautiful as always. Max waved at her and she elegantly waved back like a prim and proper lady. I stared at her amazed, how she moves is so graceful, so delicate. I wonder being the mate of Aiden I will also have to act like that.

"Diana! You're just in time, come on have breakfast with us"

"Thank you but I just ate, I'm afraid I can't join you today" then she looks at me and I couldn't help but be intimidated by her gaze, she is the sister of Aiden after all and a Princess.

"Hello Rose" she gave me a greeting as she smiles at me and I smile back awkwardly, not knowing what to express.

"Rose here is curious how it is to be in love" Max says to Princess Diana as he wiggles his eyebrows at him, while Princess Diana looks at mr questioningly. I wanted to shut Max up, God this is embarrassing. How awkward it is to ask the sister of the one you like how it feels to be in love.

Max!

"Well, I have never been in love before" Princess Diana taps her chin.

"But the amount of romance novels and shows give me a pretty good idea. May I ask, why are you asking this? Is it Aiden?" is it so obvious? I wanted to ask.

"Did he tell you he loves you?" I hesitated but nodded. Princess Diana looks genuinely happy and squeals but composes herself, but I could see the happiness shine in her eyes.