Chapter 3

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
T H R E E

【️♕️】️

Morning came and I felt stiff as a board, but after a year, I was slowly getting used to the pain. Crystal and Sharon were still asleep seeing as it was only 5 in the morning. I quietly got out of the room, closed the door and began walking but stopped when I saw a girl barely wearing anything scurrying out of a room. I shook my head, its none of my business.

I made my way towards the kitchen to prepare for breakfast. After cooking breakfast, I placed some bread in a tray and some coffee in another tray. I made my way towards the guards who are guarding early as I gave them the bread and coffee.

They took it silently as I made my way back towards the kitchen to prepare the things that are needed.

After the royals ate their breakfast, I went back to the kitchen to wash the dishes while the other servants clean the dining table. After washing all of the dishes, doing some orders that Lady Cecilia had made me done, I was called by Lady Cecilia herself.

"Yes Ma'am?" I said as I kept my head bowed in respect.

"The King requests your presence, you know where his study is" she said as she glares at me suspiciously. I nodded before making my way to the King's study. I made it my job to know the routes of this castle in order to not get lost and avoid being punished.

It wasn't hard to find the study of the King, its door most likely has a beautiful outline, spirals twisted in a beautiful way were carved on the door made it unique, just like everybody in this castle.

I knocked three times on the door, later on I heard a husky and low 'come in' the voice sound awfully familiar as if I heard it before. I shook my head from those thoughts.

I opened the door, not daring to look up.

Know your place.

I could feel his eyes burning into me. My body feels like it was being burned by his intense gaze.

"You called for me your Majesty?" I asked respectfully, still bowing my head in respect.

"For now on you will be working for me, everything that say, you will follow and obey" he said bluntly cutting to the chase. I nodded my head. His voice was so soft like velvet that made my stomach clench.

"Yes your Majesty, do you need me to do anything else?" I asked.

"Look at me" was what he had commanded, I was shocked with his request but quickly composed myself. This was the first time that someone has asked me to look at them.

"Your Majesty?" I asked not sure if I heard him right.

"I won't ask again" this time he said it a little bit irritated. I know not to make him wait, so with that I looked up at him, his stunning bluish-green eyes staring at me. He looks more handsome up close, now I know why many women throw themselves at him. He was breath-taking, he was the most handsome man I have ever laid my eyes on. He clenched his sharp jaw, his fists were balled as if he was restraining himself.

He growled quietly, I managed not to flinch as I look at anywhere avoiding his stare. He took calming breaths before he stood up from his seat. I held my breath as he came closer to me, I didn't know what to do, he makes me feel protected and safe but at the same time he makes me want to run and never look back.

He was coming closer and closer and the more I want to run my fingers through his brown hair.

"I want you" he said huskily, I felt my body stiffen at what he said. Those three words made me feel something inside, something that had died a long time ago, hope. Those simple words made my stomach burst with butterflies, my heart pounded nervously as he smirked.