Chapter 22

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y  T W O

【️♕️】️

Days have passed after that fiasco that had happened in the King’s room. I have tried my best to avoid the King at all times and I have also tried to avoid the memories of that day but I unsuccessfully did so.

This morning, everybody seems to be in a foul mood, they are all sulking, more demanding and more aggressive, why? I don't know but the air around the whole Kingdom is thick with some sort of emotion.

The faces of the people inside the Castle are gloomy, sad and stoic. I don't understand them, did something happen to put them in this miserable state?

I was busy going back and forth in preparing breakfast when someone bumped into me, that has got to be the fifth time that someone had done it and I know that by the third time that they are doing it purposely. I tried to calm my nerves and inhale and exhale deeply, not wanting to be infected with their confusing temperaments.

Everybody in the whole Castle seemed to halt and I swear I felt the Castle shake as a ferocious growl ripped through the air, everybody bowed their heads in submission and I stood there, with a rag in my hand wondering why they are bowing their heads and why a growl was emitted.

Then I widened my eyes before I felt a familiar presence in the room before I too lowered my head in submission. It didn't take a genius to know that the King is angry- no furious, angry and powerful waves of his emotion were releasing off of him and I cowered as it hit me.

His eyes darkened completely as he scanned through the room. His eyes piercing through each one of us as we shivered in trepidation.

The King let out a terrifying sound that sounded inhumane and everybody seemed to whimper as they all backed away from him.

"Who?" he asked in an unfamiliar voice that was deeper and more primitive than his normal tone, it had scared the wits out of me.

I gulped; what could he be asking? I have a feeling that it may include the necklace that Riley had stolen, it looked precious and I would be angry too if it had been stolen from me.

Trepidation coursed through me, if it was about the necklace, then what would I say if he asks me? I am a part of the scheme.

"S-i-ir?" Lady Cecilia asked boldly and I widened my eyes at her courageous act but I knew that she was anything but for her voice was trembling in fear.

"My mothers necklace, who dared to steal it from me!" he spoke so clearly and loudly and immediately my eyes widen and my heart beat in palpitation. So it is! He is angry about the stolen necklace and worse of all it was his mothers! What should I do? If I tell that Riley had stolen it she would be in serious danger! She could be locked up and be beaten to death, it was the former Queens necklace, for anyone to dare and steal from the King it would lead to treason.

"I said, Who. Stole. The. Necklace?!" he asked once more and this time his anger wasn't kept inside for the tone he used was laced with so much lividness that I winced and bit my lip from blurting out the truth, somehow he had said it with so much attention and authority.

"I will not fucking repeat it thrice, so speak now or I will rip all of your throats so that you may not speak again" he said and I saw Riley from the corner of my eyes step forward and I widen my eyes with my mouth agape, why is she turning herself in? doesn't she not know the consequences that will happen to her? I wanted to scream at her to stop but I couldn't, I just stood there frozen as she steps forward.