Chapter 9

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
N I N E

【️♕️】️

I was cleaning the dining table after the royals had finished off their lunch, as I wiped the table when I heard a voice spoke from behind me catching me offhandedly as I let out a small shriek.

"Must you be so loud?" Lady Cecilia groaned as she eyed me with distaste. I only bowed my head in form of an apology.

"Go to your room and pack your things" was all she said before she stormed away, leaving me with a confused look. I finished first my task before I went to our room. There Lady Cecilia was standing looking quite annoyed and irritated.

"I thought I have said that you should be packing your things? Do you not know how to follow simple instructions? Where have you been? What a disgrace! Just go and pack your things!" with that she pushed me inside, not waiting for my excuse or my explanation.
I did not worry about packing since I only have a few items, mostly are clothes, I only own three long sleeved blouses, three long skirts, my undergarments and my necklace, the necklace that has been with me since I was seven.

The only item from my past.

I just gathered my clothes and put my necklace at the bottom of the bag before tossing all my clothes in. I exited the room and took a second glance at our room before I closed the door. Lady Cecilia started to walk and I walked behind her, the Royals and guards arched their eyebrows when they see me, they also held suspicion before they tore their gaze away from me and minded their business. I have noticed that the guards are more alert than they were before and I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

We were now walking in a dark hallway that was slowly creeping me out, it was like she was leading us into the dungeons.

Lady Cecilia stopped in front of a room, and I froze, is this going to be my new room? I should have paid attention to where it was located but I was consumed in my own thoughts to even remember the path.

"This is going to be your new room" I nodded my head

I opened the door and it revealed a small room with a bed on the side and a small closet, there were no windows.

I placed my bag on the floor and examined the small room. It was colored in a red color and it was also freezing inside. I shivered and clasped both of my hands and rubbed them together hoping it would provide me with some heat.

"Thank you" I said to Lady Cecilia with a smile in which she rolled her eyes.

"You have 30 minutes to get used to your new room and to fix your things, after that you will go and help the other servants with the chores, they aren't going to finish it themselves. The celebration is going to take place in less than two days and we are in a hectic schedule so finish up putting away your things and meet me in the ballroom" with that she shut the door closed leaving me alone in this small, freezing room.

I did what I was tasked to do and hurriedly put away my things. I laid the mat on the floor and placed my blanket and pillow before standing up. I exited the room and began finding where the direction of the ballroom is.

I was really trying my best to find my way to the ballroom but I couldn't find it, there were so many twists and turns and I was having a very hard time right now. I tried not to groan and hoped that I will find the correct direction.

I was hoping that I would spot a guard and ask for directions and luckily I found one at the end of the hall.

Thank goodness.