Chapter 16

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
S I X T E E N

【️♕️】️

Aiden’s POV

“More and more rogues are attacking the Kingdom, this week a group of rogues attacked the Southern pack. I think that they are trying to take over the crown, they are recruiting more and more rogues, and some hunters are also joining the said rebellion. We've increased more security on all the borders and weve settled training for the young, that's my report your Majesty" one of the Royals said to me as he bowed his head, I nodded at him in acknowledgement. I clench my jaw as I thought about those rogues, they are causing trouble and they do not want to know what is instilled for them when I have them in my hands.

"They also know that we have been searching for them, when we reached one of their warehouses all we found was nothing, its like they knew we were coming. Not only that but they seem to know when guards take their shifts and take it as their advantage, a bloody spy or traitor is in the Kingdom. I suggest that you be careful, your Majesty" another Royal spoke up.

"And do you think I dont know that?" I snapped at him as I sent him a cold glare, he flinched before he apologized, I shook my head as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Maybe it's that human servant" a Royal whispered to the person to his side, I snapped my eyes to him.

"What about the human servant?" I demanded him.

"Well, for first she is a human and she just came a year ago, think about it, we haven't had a rogue problem years ago but when she came, more problem arose, don't you think that this sudden attacks might have an involvement with her? Maybe she is the traitor" it wasn't a secret that all wolves hate humans, and we have a damn reason why, they are cunning and dangerous. They will lure you into their traps and then they will kill you, without mercy.

Humans are disgusting.

They are repulsive.

Yet I seem to be mesmerized by her face, her eyes, her luscious lips and-

"I have had eyes on her since the last attack, and so far the guards that are guarding her only reports normal activity, nothing suspicious. I also sent her to the East Wing, so we should not worry about her" the East Wing wasn't the most luxurious part of the Castle; it was a place where I mostly held prisoners who are being sent into trial. I also have my suspicions, it was true; the Castle and the people stayed peaceful over the years but trouble seem to come since she came into the view.

We talked for a few more hours mostly on security and the traitor that is lurking in the darkness of the Castle, after that I dismissed them and they went back to their assigned pack.

"Aiden!" Max called out my name, I looked up; I was currently inside my office scanning the paper works.

"What is it Max?" I questioned as I raised an eyebrow. He just shrugged his shoulders and I rolled my eyes, only Max would call someone for his own amusement. I went back to my work as I type something in my laptop.

Max stayed inside my office, loitering around, peeking through every drawer and curiously looking through everything.

"So, how is the wedding coming?" he suddenly asked as he took a seat in front of me, I raised my eyebrows once more.

Amanda and I decided that we would be wed at the last day of this month, Amanda is in Italy right now preparing everything for the wedding, and no doubt she is with a wedding designer today, talking about wedding gowns and decorations.