Chapter 14

The next morning, Jungkook woke up and slowly crawled out of bed, careful not to wake up Jimin. He threw on a hood due to feeling cold, and went downstairs. He went to the gym to do some simple workouts only to see Taehyun and Kai shirtless and sweating profusely.

"How long have you two been down here?" He asked, leaning on the doorway. He watched as Kai jumped at the sound of his voice, snickering with Taehyun. "We've been here for about an hour. We exercise for at least four hours a day to maintain a good shape for our missions." Taehyun replied, taking a drink out of his waterbottle. He tossed it to Kai, who also took a large sip.

"Damn, I should really learn a thing or two from you guys. I'm not productive enough to exercise that much." He admitted, walking inside the gym, turning on the treadmill. "You should only use that for warm-ups. Using a treadmill won't help your upper-body muscles very much." Taehyun informed, causing Jungkook to send a nod of understanding at his way.

Jackson woke up shortly after, entering the gym and doing some small exercises to warm himself up. "I never knew you would wake up this early, Jackson. Aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now?" Jungkook asked, causing Jackson to huff dramatically. "I'll go back to bed after an hour of exercises. I can't just sit in front of a computer everyday and let myself gain weight." Jackson responded, moving onto weight lifting.

Jungkook moved onto exercising his legs in order to build up the muscle. Lately, Namjoon has been saying that his legs looked like chicken legs. He didn't really want his legs to be associated with chicken legs, so he decided to exercise them as well. Turns out, building up his leg muscles were way harder than maintaining his shallow abs.

Taehyun turned on the treadmill and started running on it. "You know, you still haven't answered my question from yesterday." Taehyun said. Jackson didn't even bother questioning who he directed it to, because he knew that it was directed to Jungkook. "I don't really have a specific answer to that. I also feel a bit irked that you would address one of my former close friends with that term."

"But it's kinda true, don't you think? Jaebum already told Kai and I about the entire situation already. He said he actually did a background check on Taeyong, and discovered things about him that even you don't know. Of course, he didn't tell me, but it kinda makes you wonder why." Taehyun reasoned, causing Jungkook to become speechless. He knew that Taehyun was a very handsome and elegant hybrid, but he didn't expect him to be so witty and clever.

"I.... I just want to believe that there's still some good left in Taeyong." Jungkook admited breathlessly, taking a sip out of a waterbottle before he went back to working out. "And that small bit of faith you have for him will be what hurts you the most once you find out that there's no way for him to go back." Taehyun mumbled loudly.

Jungkook felt a lump in his throat. He swallowed, but the lump didn't go away. He felt his eyes sting, but he blinked it away. "Taehyun, that's enough. If you say any more, you might make him cry." Kai scolded, punching Taehyun's arm. "He's right. Jungkook is a lot older than you, and he's more experienced than you are. He knows Taeyong a lot better than you do. Hell, they were actually pretty close friends. Respect Taeyong a little more, it won't hurt." Jackson joined in.

Taehyun looked down. "Sorry, I have a habit to be pretty blunt. I'm sorry if it offended you, Jungkook." Taehyun said quietly, but he made sure it was loud enough for Jungkook to hear. Jungkook just put down the equipment he was holding and walked out the room. "Leave me alone for a bit. I understand why you'd feel that way about Taeyong, Taehyun. Just don't assume he's fully evil when you don't even know him personally."

Jungkook walked upstairs and went back into his bed where Jimin was still sleeping. He hugged the shorter from the back, tears dripping down his face. "I know you don't feel the bond as strongly as I do, and that's what hurts the most. I wish I could show you how I really feel without holding back. I don't know how long I can take it." He whispered, almost inaudible.

He fell asleep briefly beside Jimin until the alarm rang. Jimin jolted awake, accidentally pushing Jungkook off of him in the process. Jungkook let out a low groan and hopped out of bed. Once Jimin turned off the alarm, he took a moment to carefully admire the bunny hybrid's features.

As much as Jimin wanted to say that he didn't like Jungkook that much, he knew damn well that it was a lie. His messy bed hair, sleepy doe eyes and dainty lips were an almost dangerous combination. Add that with his chiseled muscles underneath his hoodie were basically features that would make Jimin whipped. His personality wasn't lacking either, having a sweet, kind personality.

Jimin resisted the urge to place a brief kiss on Jungkook's lips. He wanted to, but his self-esteem and confidence wasn't helping with his paranoia. "Do I have something on my face?" Jungkook asked, snapping Jimin out of his thoughts. The shorter male blushed and turned away. "There's nothing wrong with your face!"

Jungkook smirked at how flustered Jimin was and stepped closer to the shorter male. He pressed Jimin against the wall, still smirking. "Or is my face so handsome that it's making you flustered?" He asked, still smirking. Jimin pushed the taller hybrid away playfully, still red. Jungkook's smirk faltered slightly, but he didn't let it drop.

He followed Jimin downstairs, making breakfast for everyone except Jackson and Jaebum. He went upstairs to call everyone down, including the boys that were in the gym. The two young hybrids quickly took a bath and got ready, wearing casual clothes. Soobin, Beomgyu and Yeonjun frantically gulped down their food and got ready for the day, not wanting to make Jimin late for work.

Jimin left shortly after, and that gave Jungkook an opportunity to go and wake up the two sleeping hybrids. He took Namjoon's advice, getting a bowl of water and sneaking in Jackson's room. The bunny hybrid sneakily tiptoed in the room, getting closer to Jackson's bed as quietly as he could. With a swift motion, Jungkook dumped the water on Jackson's face, watching as the jaguar hybrid let out a shriek.

"What was that for?!" Jackson yelled, wiping his face with the sheets. "It was the only way that I could make sure you were fully awake. If you have a bone to pick, do it with Namjoon. It was his idea after all." Jungkook responded, laughing. He walked away from Jackson's bed, still laughing. "Hurry up and wake up Jaebum too. The food Taehyun made isn't going to stay warm forever." While he walked down the stairs, there was one thing that was constantly on his mind.

"What made you end up like this, Taeyong?"